I wonder what we'll end up getting when it's actually released.

#1dotsdfePosted 6/21/2010 11:05:03 PM
The DS was radically redesigned between its E3 announcement and release.

For reference, here was what was originally shown: http://regmedia.co.uk/2004/05/12/nintendo_ds_1.jpg

Additionally, I remember it being shown in several colours (as the 3DS is being shown now) but we only got 1 at launch. So I have to wonder what will happen with the 3DS.
---
Winner of the Third Hacked User Contest.
Even more Official Eagle Fanboy.
#2ohh42Posted 6/21/2010 11:07:48 PM
We'll probably get a box with confetti and a carrot
---
You know Nintendo's a beast when Sony has a great conference and they poop on them with 2 games - NitemareNS
GT: Ragtag 21
#3Beck225Posted 6/21/2010 11:12:19 PM
It wasn't a radical redesign if I can remember correctly. Been a long time since I have held the original DS though. I think the start and select were in different positions, but otherwise, quite close.

In terms of colours, I just think they don't want to show off toooo much before anything is finalized yet. I would assume the 3 colours will be available on launch because they are shown on the Nintendo website, the Black, pink and blue.

from watching the videos, the button placements seem quite intuitive, only things I can imagine are possibly a physical volume slider (I don't remember seeing one) and maybe the addition of a select button (although the GC didn't have one, felt a bit strange to not have that relatively redundant button)

I can't imagine much more they would add, judging by Nintendos past releases, it doesn't seem like it will stray too far away from what has already been working for them with handhelds in terms of physical layout.

/2 cents
---
PSN: Beck225
Add me, I need friends, please be my friend, I am fun.