Is nintendo moving away from the touch screen?

#1EvilLHKPosted 6/23/2010 4:33:22 AM
I don't mean trying to get rid of it but, not implementing it quite as much and making games revolve around it as much and focus more on the top screen and the graphical technology more making a more traditional gaming experience.

Cause, to be honest even though I don't mind the touch screen and using dual screens for certain games it can be tiring, a little tedious, and uncomfortable when you have to look at 2 screens at a time and have to hold a DS with one hand and have to hold a stylus all the time. I'm not for completely getting rid of the touch screen but, I do like that it looks like it might not be forced upon you as much especially since I think it has been done so it isn't as huge a selling point any more.
#2SatarackPosted 6/23/2010 5:24:06 AM
In a sense. The DS had one big feature; the touch screen. The 3DS has several features: an accelerometer, a gyroscope, 3D (obviously), cameras, and a touch screen. The new touch screen will most likely be a big improvement over the old DS ones (at the very least we know it's a higher resolution), but they've also added several new features so unlike before, it has several distinguishing features, rather than just one. This isn't really downplaying the touch screen in anyway.
---
Would the 3DS be too classy to take to the toilet?
#3turoklordPosted 6/23/2010 5:52:19 AM
They'll use it. Now with an analog stick and a touch screen, they could make some decent fps controls.
---
Go Oilers!!