I've got mixed feelings about the power of this thing.

#1crazybotPosted 6/23/2010 5:51:20 AM
I was happy to see Kid Icarus, but graphically thought it was a bit weak. Great to see the upgrade in visuals over the previous DS. But still thought it lacked smoothness to the overall images. But then you see some of the other demos like the MGS Snake Eater demo, and you see a smoothness that Icarus doesn't have. So it really is hard at this time to know just how powerful this thing is. IMO it really is around Ps2 visuals or a bit higher. But I don't know if I'd go as far and state it's on par with Wii. Maybe, only time will tell. But ultimately it doesn't matter. This thing will have the power to create some great games.
#2MetroidJunkiePosted 6/23/2010 5:52:25 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hr3bvrvJYyo

This is probably the best looking 3DS game yet, Chris looks remarkably similar to his RE5 self in my opinion.
#3crazybot(Topic Creator)Posted 6/23/2010 5:54:30 AM
Yeah, I've seen that. It does look good. Wasn't sure how realtime it was. I know Konami has stated the MGS demo was real time. There are some impressive demos out there.
#4MetroidJunkiePosted 6/23/2010 6:03:54 AM
The 3D models are a bit flawed when you look at them so I'm sure it wasn't pre-rendering. Why would they purposely make the models look slightly blocky in polygon count if it was faked? Capcom even stated it was real time.
#5ozfunghiPosted 6/23/2010 6:47:58 AM
The graphics you see are real time. Though there is the chance that they were exported from a workstation at a higher screen resolution and recut afterwards for the sole purpose of making it an actual trailer.

But the graphics is what 3DS can push.

Know that Nintendo stated NONE of the games have been in development for long. The RE/MGS demo's were done in a matter of weeks (i read somewhere under 3 months). In fact, the only game that is further in development seems to be Kid Icarus... which has me wondering if that game started development on not finalized hardware.

Also, don't compare a game with graphics like that to "realistic" graphics. It's like comparing Monkey Ball to Rebel Strike (both on GCN).

---
***The Kid is in rare form tonight***
/////////////www.doublegum.be/////////////
#6MetroidJunkiePosted 6/23/2010 6:51:04 AM
Kid Icarus, so far, looks like an average Gamecube title which isn't bad for a start.
#7SatarackPosted 6/23/2010 7:00:47 AM
The fact that they were able to port over the models for Pit and Palutena from Brawl in itself says something.
---
Would the 3DS be too classy to take to the toilet?
#8M1AstrayPosted 6/23/2010 7:12:03 AM
The graphics on kid icarus looked fine to me, seems some people are forgeting that the graphical flaws won't be as obvious on a portable as they are on a PC monitor.

Besides, the gameplay looks very fast so I'd imagine they're optimising the frame rate, I'd rather very good graphics with spot on framerate instead of mindblowing graphics with the worst frame rate ever.
---
Currently playing: Pokemon Heart Gold (DS), Platinum (DS), Emerald (GBA) and Final Fantasy Dissidia (PSP)
#9crazybot(Topic Creator)Posted 6/23/2010 7:37:22 AM
I just don't see kid Icarus having the graphics of GC/Wii. The graphics have that jagged look to them. Nowhere near the smoothness of a game on GC/Wii. Pit looks nowhere near his smash bros character IMO. I keep coming back to that term smoothness. Kid Icarus just doesn't have it. Some of the other demos do, so I'm not sure why Icarus looks the way it does. Maybe the nature of what the game is trying to push. Being a fast paced game with shooting elements. But as good as it does look, I don't understand people who think this is what GC/Wii is capable of. Kid Icarus would look alot better on the consoles.
#10ZerokkuPosted 6/23/2010 7:40:53 AM
Graphics really dont matter, its all about the gameplay, yadayadablahblah

Now that thats out of the way, the big thing it seems you're complaining about is the lack of Anti-Aliasing. Supposedly with how our mind interprets the 3D effect, we really wont see the jaggies. Without 3D they'll be more apparent, but yah.
---
http://steamcommunity.com/id/zerokku