Why do people keep assuming there's going to be a 3DSi?

#1MasterOtenkoPosted 6/23/2010 7:27:45 AM
Really now...what's it going to add? Cameras? Multimedia playback?

Oh...
---
Unyu! Unya!
#2trenkenPosted 6/23/2010 7:30:54 AM
There is ALWAYS stuff to add and improve.

The sooner you learn that, the easier you will take when they inevitably announce a new model, and then another one after that.

If you think thise first version is the best it can ever be, you're very naive. And probably in denial trying to convince yourself that the first version you buy will be the best.

Hate to let you in on this, but the first version of the DS is the worst model, and when that came out it did more than anyone ever dreamed a handheld could. Just because you have a closed mind, dont pretend that there is no way to improve upon this thing.
#3impatientpersonPosted 6/23/2010 7:31:01 AM
People are just anticipating the release of another 3DS version... it happens to almost every console... it's happened multiple times to the handhelds... so it's not really a question of if...

I also have no idea what they'd add...
---
Coolest user EVER: http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/user.php?board=927246&topic=44002797
#4weeedinPosted 6/23/2010 7:33:04 AM
only the future will tell what it has. But really its inevitable. Look at Nintendo's track record with their handhelds. They don't release new generations before making plenty of rehashes.

GameBoy
GB Pocket
GB color
GameBoy Advance
SP
Micro
DS
Lite
DSi
XL

see a trend?

---
PSN: weeedin Steam: weeedin
XBL: weeedin
#5MasterOtenko(Topic Creator)Posted 6/23/2010 7:34:35 AM
Yeah, I know what you guys mean, and I have no doubts that there will be a redesign, but...3DSi?

Let's look at the main things the DSi added: A camera, music player, (crappy) photo viewer, and downloadable games....which are all already on the 3DS.
---
Unyu! Unya!
#6weeedinPosted 6/23/2010 7:36:58 AM
they are just saying DSi because that is what people are familiar with. They don't literally mean that they expect it to have similar feature enhancements...

---
PSN: weeedin Steam: weeedin
XBL: weeedin
#7trenkenPosted 6/23/2010 7:40:36 AM
They will come up with creative ways to improve the 3DS, but you're directly comparing that to the DSi, which doesnt make sense.

Maybe the 3DS will not have live video chat over the internet, and maybe the next version will. Maybe it will have better cameras, a more refined design, a better slide pad, bigger screens, better resolution, better battery life, microphone that allows skype calls over the internet, the freaking list goes on with what you could do to improve this thing.

There's so much out there that you could do that I guess you just arent aware of.
#8Black_AssassinPosted 6/23/2010 9:37:26 AM
Hate to let you in on this, but the first version of the DS is the worst model

It has its advantages.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/997614-3ds/55281091
---
http://www.erepublik.com/en/referrer/Blick+Winkle
#9helldewPosted 6/23/2010 9:39:26 AM

GameBoy
GB Pocket
GB color
GameBoy Advance
SP
Micro
DS
Lite
DSi
XL

you missed Gameboy light and SPII
#10MasterOtenko(Topic Creator)Posted 6/23/2010 12:42:19 PM
My point is, why is everyone CALLING IT the 3DSi?

I mean, going by the logic of "Hey, let's use last gen's naming pattern!", you'd come up with the amazing "Game Boy Advance Color"...which is just as ignorant as the "3DSi."
---
Unyu! Unya!