Here's hoping this Metroid 3DS (Assuming they make one) isn't like Prime Hunters

#1MetroidJunkiePosted 6/23/2010 7:53:35 AM
I don't mind the multiplayer but the story was, IMO, the most lacking a Metroid game has ever had (The pinball game doesn't count). It's like they made it literally just to show off the multiplayer. If they make one for 3DS, they had better make it right this time.
#2gransPosted 6/23/2010 7:55:07 AM
I know it's not a new one, but they are rereleasing old retro NES and SNES games on the 3DS with new 3D effects. Metroid NES is one of those games, maybe we'll get Super Metroid as well.
---
NEVER judge a game you have not played.
-Granville
#3Xavier_On_HighPosted 6/23/2010 7:57:06 AM
I've had enough first-person Metroid for a while. A side-scroller with 3D elements wouldn't go amiss.

---
Peacekeeper of the Metroid: Other M Board
To see the faces of our rulers in the light of the shell-fire. So ugly they looked - so stupid.
#4Synchr0nicityPosted 6/23/2010 7:58:00 AM
What? a remake of Metroid is coming out for the 3DS? :O
Didn't see that in the game list :O

---
<3 Yui Makino
PS0 FC: 3180 6658 3103
#5MetroidJunkie(Topic Creator)Posted 6/23/2010 7:58:11 AM
So, a retro package of old Nintendo games? That would be.... interesting, but I'm referring to a full fledged 3DS game. Perhaps we'll see a sibling of Other M, as in a 3D platformer?
#6MetroidJunkie(Topic Creator)Posted 6/23/2010 8:00:28 AM
I've had enough first-person Metroid for a while. A side-scroller with 3D elements wouldn't go amiss.

As I said above, perhaps a sibling of Other M is possible? It could easily incorporate the same elements in, just with a different story obviously.
#7occonoPosted 6/23/2010 8:06:11 AM
The NES games were just tech demos, no indication they'll be released.
---
"In spite of language, in spite of intelligence and intuition and sympathy, one can never really communicate anything to anybody"-Aldous Huxley
#8Xavier_On_HighPosted 6/23/2010 8:06:20 AM
Not sure I'd like a handheld third-person Metroid to have fully 3D gameplay like Other M, though.

Hopefully it'll be post-Fusion. Been waiting too long for the series to move on from the interquels (It's almost as bad as Kingdom Hearts in that respect...almost).

---
Peacekeeper of the Metroid: Other M Board
To see the faces of our rulers in the light of the shell-fire. So ugly they looked - so stupid.
#9MetroidJunkie(Topic Creator)Posted 6/23/2010 8:08:50 AM
Not sure I'd like a handheld third-person Metroid to have fully 3D gameplay like Other M, though.

Wouldn't it be insulting to a Gamecube/Wii handheld to have PURELY 2D graphics, especially with a franchise as big as Metroid? Metroid has this habit of trying to make itself look good with the graphical limitations of its consoles and I don't see why this should be an exception. 2D gameplay is fine, but 2D graphics are all but dead. The only games that really use them anymore are just trying to profit from the retro factor or el cheapo arcade games.
#10Sir_EdwardPosted 6/23/2010 8:09:28 AM
I think there were just a lot of limitations with Hunters. The DS just wasn't enough to really have a good 3D metroid game on. With this new hardware we certainly could have a legit game and... probably a game I'd say might end up being one of the better ones in the series. Of course Prime is done now so... We'd need a whole new title/series. Which I'd be all for of course :3

What's this news about the retro games for the 3DS? I'm really curious about it, especially if there's gonna be a remake of Super Metroid.
Link?
---
If you believe in the Flying Spaghetti Monster and are 100% proud of it post this as your signature