How would a second analog nub make the 3DS worse?

#1Bro_RabbitPosted 6/23/2010 10:11:56 AM
So far I have seen no valid arguments in favor of not adding a second analog nub on the right side of the system. If anyone wants just one analog nub and has a reason for not wanting a second, please post your reason here. If it is good, I will give you 1 million dollars.

Here are a few reasons that are not acceptable:

"The touch screen takes the place of a second analog nub." - No it doesn't.

"It would make the controls too confusing." - I've only heard one guy say this, but still, c'mon man.

"No one cares about lefties." - First of all, lefties care about lefties. Second of all, I'm not left-handed and want a second analog nub for other reasons.

"[any comment regarding the Lack of Second Analog Complaint as whining]" - ...

Any other reason will be considered. First person to post a good one gets 1 million dollars. Go!
#2gransPosted 6/23/2010 10:14:45 AM
Putting a second analog stick would delay the system longer. There, now where's my 1 million dollars? :P

Ok though, i don't really care about a second analog stick either way really. I don't see any reason to NOT want one, but at the same reason, i don't really WANT one myself. It's kind of neutral for me.
---
NEVER judge a game you have not played.
-Granville
#3darknezbeastPosted 6/23/2010 10:15:02 AM
Adding another Analog nub would require them to rearrange all of the internal hardware and would either cause an increase in price of development or a delay in launch...
just saying...
---
Oh Indeed
#4KarmaCowPosted 6/23/2010 10:16:18 AM
You forgot the one about it allowing FPS games or something. I forgot the exact quote but it was pretty stupid.
---
But you took that paddle, and smacked me in the face, and I wear my heart on my sleeve, so when I wiped my face, I got heart all over it. - Abe Lincoln*
#5TimohtepPosted 6/23/2010 10:16:21 AM
They are already rather far into the design stages, and developers already are making their games without the second stick. It's too late.
---
"Take about 5 dozen eggs, start puttin' 'em in a bowl, mix the **** out of 'em, and what do you get?"
Friend Codes in Profile
#6VamphaeryPosted 6/23/2010 10:18:16 AM
I don't think it will happen, and I don't want them to delay the release to make it happen, but I concur that I have yet to see any substantive reasons for not wanting one. The only substantive reason I could think of would be for someone to legitimately prefer the stylus over a second slide pad. I could respect that. Everyone's different. But so far the arguments against including a second slide pad have amounted to, basically, "Yeah it wouldn't hurt anything, and might add some functionality, but it's not necessary."

One person even suggested that it would make control of certain games more cumbersome or impossible, to which I can only say... huh!?
#7Bro_Rabbit(Topic Creator)Posted 6/23/2010 10:18:57 AM
Alright, that is almost an acceptable reason. However, delaying the release of the system would not make the system itself worse, but i wasn't really clear about the question. Technically, I think I would have to give you a million dollars because I just said to post "a reason for not wanting a second." However, I don't actually have a million dollars lying around to just give to someone. Also, I want someone to post why it would make the system itself worse. If no one else does, I'll try to get a million dollars somehow.
#8tYRE_602Posted 6/23/2010 10:19:07 AM
There's no logical reason why there shouldn't be a second analog stick on the 3DS. Why they didn't incorporate it into the design a long time ago is beyond me.
---
"The man who trades freedom for security does not deserve nor will he receive either."- Ben Franklin
#9Xavier_On_HighPosted 6/23/2010 10:19:09 AM
Nintendo has their reasons. Perhaps it would make 3DS production too costly to sell at their targeted price range. Perhaps it's simply not feasible to put another control nub on it since it already has so much crammed in it. Perhaps they just don't see the need for one. Perhaps this isn't the 3DS's final design, as is suggested by comments from Iwata.

Of course, these won't appease you, because you've already made up your mind.

---
Peacekeeper of the Metroid: Other M Board
To see the faces of our rulers in the light of the shell-fire. So ugly they looked - so stupid.
#10KarmaCowPosted 6/23/2010 10:20:18 AM

They are already rather far into the design stages, and developers already are making their games without the second stick. It's too late.

You make it seem like there are tons of titles finished and they all must use the potential second analog stick.

It hasn't even got a firm release date, it's not too late.
---
But you took that paddle, and smacked me in the face, and I wear my heart on my sleeve, so when I wiped my face, I got heart all over it. - Abe Lincoln*