I'm hoping the 3DS uses the 2008 PICA200 chip.

#11tYRE_602Posted 6/23/2010 1:53:32 PM
I love the DS, but still, I'd still like Nintendo consoles to look excellent graphically. That in no way means I'm a graphics whore or something. I just love my games to not only play good, but look really good too.
---
"The man who trades freedom for security does not deserve nor will he receive either."- Ben Franklin
#12godplaysSNESPosted 6/23/2010 2:01:30 PM
We don't know what the PSP2 will do, so it's not easy talking about it...However, let's say PSP2 brings PS3 visuals to the handhelds
For the 3DS to be able to compete with that while still having 3D, it will take alot more power than just portable PS3 hardware

Nintendo could probably have gone with alot more powerful stuff in the 3DS...But they likely want to sell it at a reasonable price, as well as having the battery last more than one hour

Besides, even if they do use the 2008 version, we don't know the power of it...They could as well have bumped it up to get the best they could, or they can simply have butchered it so it is cheaper
---
Super Mario Kart is the single best Mario Kart ever!
#13ozfunghiPosted 6/23/2010 2:11:22 PM
the better the hardware, the better... :)

On the other hand the system is already more powerful than i expected when they announced it. Everything else is a bonus. I'm sure Nintendo will do the right thing. There is also cost and battery life to consider.

---
***The Kid is in rare form tonight***
/////////////www.doublegum.be/////////////
#14BigRappinMonkeyPosted 6/23/2010 2:16:37 PM

The PSP2 is rumored to have a SGX543MP8 GPU. A fair analogy with the 3DS would be comparing Ganondorf to a Goomba.

But the 3DS will actually have Ganondorf and Goombas, so it automatically wins.

And the 3DS was rumored to have the NVIDIA Tegra chip. So what's your point?

---
*insert witty sig here*
#15Solid LinkPosted 6/23/2010 2:32:18 PM
^You steal my thoughts, good sir.

Though, PSP2 is also rumored to simply have a touchscreen and the same PSP controls, so they're going to be behind Nintendo, input-wise, if this proves true. Though if they decide to go for 3D as well... then they're going to have to forgo the touchscreen altogether. Unless they pull another Playstation Move, and simply rip off the DS in its entirety. In that case, it's not going to impress anyone, because we all will have JUST gotten 3DS'.
---
http://accentral.net/catalog.php?user=2964 - My Animal Crossing Catalog
*S.A.L. Rank S*
#16WaveDRZPosted 6/23/2010 2:37:19 PM
And the 3DS was rumored to have the NVIDIA Tegra chip. So what's your point?

Three points were made, actually. One for each sentence.

The first is that the PSP2 has been rumored to have a certain GPU.

The second is that, were this rumor true, comparing the graphical capabilities of the PSP2 to the 3DS would be like comparing a king of evil wielding the power of the Gods to a walking chestnut.

The third is that the 3DS will be better than the PSP2 regardless of graphical capabilities because it alone will have Nintendo games.
#17TwilightEchoesPosted 6/23/2010 3:11:19 PM
@sumweeaboo

Using 2008 tech would probably still be somewhat cheap. Not nearly as much as 2006 tech, but still reasonably affordable .
---
[Insert an "[Insert witty saying or joke]" sig here]
#18TwilightEchoesPosted 6/23/2010 5:25:23 PM
Also, in one of those "Iwata Asks" videos (I think it was the Kid Icarus one), Iwata indicates that the 3DS began development in 2008, so that could mean something.
---
[Insert an "[Insert witty saying or joke]" sig here]