I want a video game where you get to play as a Goomba

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. I want a video game where you get to play as a Goomba

User Info: AlphaWhelp

AlphaWhelp
6 years ago#1
Paper Mario doesn't count since you still play as Mario, the Goomba just follows you around. I want a Goomba main character video game. The best Mario boss ever was New Super Mario Bros world 4 the mega goomba.
Q: How can you tell when I'm trolling?
A: I've made a post.

User Info: shadyelf

shadyelf
6 years ago#2
Maybe in the next M&L game, because in Bowser's Inside Story you could play as Bowser.
?

AlphaWhelp
6 years ago#3
probably won't happen in M&L since, well, it would hardly be M&L if the main characters weren't Mario and Luigi.

User Info: Xavier_On_High

Xavier_On_High
6 years ago#4
How about real-time or turn-based strategy where you play as General Otto von Goomba commanding armies of Goombas (and other goons) in an assault on the Mushroom Kingdom?

I would buy that game.
Peacekeeper of the Metroid: Other M Board
To see the faces of our rulers in the light of the shell-fire. So ugly they looked - so stupid.

AlphaWhelp
6 years ago#5

How about real-time or turn-based strategy where you play as General Otto von Goomba commanding armies of Goombas (and other goons) in an assault on the Mushroom Kingdom?

I would buy that game.

highly doubtful since Nintendo just makes sequels to old IPs for their specific genres instead of making one genre span across IPs. You'll never see a Zelda sports or platformer, for example. And Nintendo's RTS is Pikmin and their TBS is Fire Emblem.

Xavier_On_High
6 years ago#6
You had to ruin my little fantasy with your dirty facts, didn't you? =(

Anyway, that's just a general rule, and there are exceptions. Though they're few and far between.
To see the faces of our rulers in the light of the shell-fire. So ugly they looked - so stupid.

AlphaWhelp
6 years ago#7

You had to ruin my little fantasy with your dirty facts, didn't you? =(

Anyway, that's just a general rule, and there are exceptions. Though they're few and far between.

I know. The Goomba army thing is a really cool idea. I might fan make something to that effect if I ever get around to it.
Tony isn't really a Sony fanboy.
He is an extremely sarcastic MS fanboy and one of the greatest trolls ever.

User Info: TheDarkNerd

TheDarkNerd
6 years ago#8

highly doubtful since Nintendo just makes sequels to old IPs for their specific genres instead of making one genre span across IPs. You'll never see a Zelda sports or platformer, for example. And Nintendo's RTS is Pikmin and their TBS is Fire Emblem.

Yeah, I don't think I've ever seen a Mario sports or racing game. It would be awesome if they could make an RPG out of the IP, maybe even a puzzle game or two. Shame these things never happen.
http://i39.tinypic.com/xnar69.gif

User Info: tirkaro

tirkaro
6 years ago#9
Goomba: Can I really be the Hero?

Also, it's a billion times harderer, since Goomba Can only walk left to right and headbonk.

Xavier_On_High
6 years ago#10
@TheDarkNerd: you missed TC's point. He was saying that because there are Mario Sports games, there won't be a Zelda Sports game. Because Pikmin is Nintendo's real-time strategy, there won't be a Mario real-time strategy.

The rule holds true for the most part, though there are odd exceptions. Diddy Kong Racing, for instance.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. I want a video game where you get to play as a Goomba

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived