I want a video game where you get to play as a Goomba

#1AlphaWhelpPosted 6/23/2010 4:44:57 PM
Paper Mario doesn't count since you still play as Mario, the Goomba just follows you around. I want a Goomba main character video game. The best Mario boss ever was New Super Mario Bros world 4 the mega goomba.
---
Q: How can you tell when I'm trolling?
A: I've made a post.
#2shadyelfPosted 6/23/2010 4:46:57 PM
Maybe in the next M&L game, because in Bowser's Inside Story you could play as Bowser.
---
?
#3AlphaWhelp(Topic Creator)Posted 6/23/2010 4:48:57 PM
probably won't happen in M&L since, well, it would hardly be M&L if the main characters weren't Mario and Luigi.
---
#4Xavier_On_HighPosted 6/23/2010 4:49:35 PM
How about real-time or turn-based strategy where you play as General Otto von Goomba commanding armies of Goombas (and other goons) in an assault on the Mushroom Kingdom?

I would buy that game.

---
Peacekeeper of the Metroid: Other M Board
To see the faces of our rulers in the light of the shell-fire. So ugly they looked - so stupid.
#5AlphaWhelp(Topic Creator)Posted 6/23/2010 4:52:39 PM

How about real-time or turn-based strategy where you play as General Otto von Goomba commanding armies of Goombas (and other goons) in an assault on the Mushroom Kingdom?

I would buy that game.

highly doubtful since Nintendo just makes sequels to old IPs for their specific genres instead of making one genre span across IPs. You'll never see a Zelda sports or platformer, for example. And Nintendo's RTS is Pikmin and their TBS is Fire Emblem.
---
#6Xavier_On_HighPosted 6/23/2010 4:57:00 PM
You had to ruin my little fantasy with your dirty facts, didn't you? =(

Anyway, that's just a general rule, and there are exceptions. Though they're few and far between.

---
To see the faces of our rulers in the light of the shell-fire. So ugly they looked - so stupid.
#7AlphaWhelp(Topic Creator)Posted 6/23/2010 5:06:58 PM

You had to ruin my little fantasy with your dirty facts, didn't you? =(

Anyway, that's just a general rule, and there are exceptions. Though they're few and far between.

I know. The Goomba army thing is a really cool idea. I might fan make something to that effect if I ever get around to it.
---
Tony isn't really a Sony fanboy.
He is an extremely sarcastic MS fanboy and one of the greatest trolls ever.
#8TheDarkNerdPosted 6/23/2010 5:38:50 PM

highly doubtful since Nintendo just makes sequels to old IPs for their specific genres instead of making one genre span across IPs. You'll never see a Zelda sports or platformer, for example. And Nintendo's RTS is Pikmin and their TBS is Fire Emblem.

Yeah, I don't think I've ever seen a Mario sports or racing game. It would be awesome if they could make an RPG out of the IP, maybe even a puzzle game or two. Shame these things never happen.
---
http://i39.tinypic.com/xnar69.gif
#9tirkaroPosted 6/23/2010 5:42:20 PM
Goomba: Can I really be the Hero?

Also, it's a billion times harderer, since Goomba Can only walk left to right and headbonk.
#10Xavier_On_HighPosted 6/23/2010 6:25:09 PM
@TheDarkNerd: you missed TC's point. He was saying that because there are Mario Sports games, there won't be a Zelda Sports game. Because Pikmin is Nintendo's real-time strategy, there won't be a Mario real-time strategy.

The rule holds true for the most part, though there are odd exceptions. Diddy Kong Racing, for instance.

---