I want a video game where you get to play as a Goomba

#21Sarria22Posted 6/24/2010 10:25:37 PM
Fire emplem is nintendo's only TBS? Gameboy/Famicom/Advance Wars would like a word with you Bucko. Mario Kart the only raging? see also: F-Zero. Adventure? Metroid and Zelda, there can be only one.

Simply put, the idea that Nintendo only has one IP per genre is flat-out false. and a goomba based RTS would really be just awesome. "The Toads are attacking our mine!"
---
[=[ ]=] D (+[ ]::) PSP
[+[ ]::] S -=Sarria Yaffle=-
#22Sarria22Posted 6/24/2010 10:26:40 PM
Oh and, zelda platformer? lol Adventure of Link.
---
#23AlphaWhelp(Topic Creator)Posted 6/24/2010 10:31:00 PM

Oh and, zelda platformer? lol Adventure of Link.

people are in unanimous agreement that Adventure of Link is the worst Zelda game ever made except for the CD-I monstrosities which don't really count anyway.

Fire emplem is nintendo's only TBS? Gameboy/Famicom/Advance Wars would like a word with you Bucko. Mario Kart the only raging? see also: F-Zero. Adventure? Metroid and Zelda, there can be only one.

Simply put, the idea that Nintendo only has one IP per genre is flat-out false. and a goomba based RTS would really be just awesome. "The Toads are attacking our mine!"

Advance Wars plays very different from Fire Emblem, and F-Zero plays very different from Mario Kart, etc. different genres, even if you manage to lump them under a vague general term like "racing"
#24TheDarkNerdPosted 6/24/2010 10:37:00 PM
Pikmin is also a very different RTS. If they made a Goomba RTS that was side scrolling (with the look of a Super Mario Bros game), it would be radically different than Pikmin. Maybe it could be similar to Lemmings, where you can assign roles to different Goombas to determine how they can move other Goombas around.
---
http://i39.tinypic.com/xnar69.gif
#25Sarria22Posted 6/25/2010 7:41:42 AM
And yet the "worst" Zelda game still managages to be a damn fine game.

Arguing that slight differences in style constitute entirely different genre is just foolish, a genre by definition is a somewhat broad catagory. Mario Kart is a game in the "Kart" subgenre of racing while F-Zero may occupy the "futuristic high speed" subgenre, but they are both racing games, with the same CORE mechanics of draving a vehicle around a track to get to a point before others.

And yes, a Goomba RTS definitely wouldnt need be in the.. uhh.. whatever subgenre of RTS you wanna call pikmin, it could easily be more traditional, or even something like those newer sidescrolling RTSes, and would probably be better off for it.
---
#26osboesPosted 6/25/2010 8:36:05 AM
a little goomba. lol. Imagine a sidescroller wear all you could do was move him left and right cos that's all they ever do! And have to avoid getting squished by Mario and co jumping on your head
#27ShibutoPosted 6/25/2010 8:43:59 AM

for anyone who's played Diddy Kong Racing, you can tell they didn't really take that project very seriously. Mario Kart is lightyears better in quality.

That's because it was made by Rare...not Nintendo
#28Elven_NoblePosted 6/25/2010 2:48:48 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3ALwKeSEYs
---
Os iusti meditabitur sapientiam
Et lingua eius loqueter indicium