Emulation Heaven

#1darkleoxPosted 6/24/2010 9:49:44 AM
Today we all know that if you need if you need emulation of old game systems on the go the psp is te best choice...

but now after i saw what the 3DS is capable of i can say that the 3DS will be the Heaven of Emulation.

meaby with the 3DS we will at last have a console that perfectly emulate N64 Neo Geo PSX GBA and meaby even being able to run PS2 and Game Cube games... and not only that but imagine playing the old SNES classics like Super Metroid, Zelda a Link to the Past, Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy 4 5 and 6 and many more games in 3D!!!

Sorry For My Bad English

---
No One Dies a Virgin Because Death Screw us all When we Die
#2tirkaroPosted 6/24/2010 9:58:09 AM
Nintendo is trying to make it Hackproof like the PS3, so I doubt it'll get anywhere.

Also, inb4deletion.
#3ChromaticAngelPosted 6/24/2010 10:02:46 AM
talking about this kind of stuff is illegal you know
#4TheDarkNerdPosted 6/24/2010 10:05:58 AM
Wait, so GBA emulation is still flawed on the PSP? Well, ****. I finally gave away my GBA thinking it wouldn't be a problem.

Anyways, the DS won't outperform computers, and I don't think I've ever seen a home console past the PSX era that has had perfect emulation. Emulation is an extremely intensive operation.
---
http://i39.tinypic.com/xnar69.gif
#5Blanka_JrPosted 6/24/2010 10:18:16 AM
meaby with the 3DS we will at last have a console that perfectly emulate N64 Neo Geo PSX GBA and meaby even being able to run PS2 and Game Cube games... and not only that but imagine playing the old SNES classics like Super Metroid, Zelda a Link to the Past, Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy 4 5 and 6 and many more games in 3D!!!

Stop posting, please. No seriously, don't ever post again.
---
XBAND SNES/Genesis: r9delta
"no" - Ralph Pootawn
#6Pinnacle1987Posted 6/24/2010 10:19:34 AM
talking about this kind of stuff is illegal you know
I wasn't aware GameFAQs was a sovereign entity.

and maybe even being able to run PS2 and Game Cube games
Having power on par with a system doesn't mean it can emulate said system. For example, the NDS is more powerful than the GBA, but cannot emulate it without additional hardware.
#7wtotoPosted 6/24/2010 10:45:17 AM
You sir are wrong. it's not illegal to be talking about it a they may pass a law that if you talk about on internet or search something like "Super Mario:64 torrent" they can fine you up to $250 but may not be passed because it's invading our privacy and that's illegal so it won't be passed :D
#8FalxXDPosted 6/24/2010 10:48:14 AM
All they mean by illegal is that the thread is against the TOS of this forum, and usually emulation threads get deleted.
---
PSN name "gledhilla"
Heart Gold Friend Code (Gleddy: 4297 5199 2928)
#9raver_zaktanPosted 6/24/2010 10:48:40 AM
It won't be able to emulate the GC or PS2. As of now, it's barely above those in power, and emulating requires you to be a lot more powerful than the system you want to emulate.

I'm not sure if it'll be able to emulate N64 and PSX, though.
---
Breaking Bad: You wanna cook?
#10darkleox(Topic Creator)Posted 6/24/2010 10:54:33 AM
Emulation is not illegal

ROM Distribution is

and i did not say anything about roms... onli the emulation and that is completely legal

---
No One Dies a Virgin Because Death Screw us all When we Die