Final Fantasy V and VI potentially for the 3DS

#21MichaelDeAngeloPosted 6/25/2010 3:23:33 AM
They can find out how the 3DS does during its launch month. You don't think those things are going to be flying off the shelves? Honestly, they probably are just blowing smoke out... I wouldn't put it past them to already be working on 5.
---
Alundra is the best top-down Zelda game since Link to the Past.
Darksiders is the best 3D Zelda game since Ocarina of Time.
#22shadowaidPosted 6/25/2010 6:46:32 AM
I will give Square Enix my social security # if they made FFVI. (mouth starts drooling)
#23nonexistingheroPosted 6/25/2010 7:16:25 AM

From: MichaelDeAngelo | Posted: 6/25/2010 1:23:33 PM | #021
They can find out how the 3DS does during its launch month. You don't think those things are going to be flying off the shelves? Honestly, they probably are just blowing smoke out... I wouldn't put it past them to already be working on 5.

Launch month doesn't say much. It's just SE looking for excuses, since everyone already knows 3DS will sell like hot cakes.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#24Dmess85Posted 6/25/2010 9:39:06 AM
Rumors later circulated that a second attempt at localization would be made and that the game would be titled Final Fantasy Extreme, but this attempt likewise was canceled.

---
Previewing your message before you post is for suckers.
http://backloggery.com/Blasingame/sig.gif
#25AAHyrulePosted 6/25/2010 10:26:32 AM
If V and VI remakes were to have an art style even remotely similar to III and IV's DS remakes, I'll rip my eyes out and forever wonder what the hell is wrong with the eyes of the designers at Matrix. I swear, two of the ugliest games I've ever played.
---
"By Zeus! What kind of jackassery is this? - Professor Whitman, Community
#26weeedinPosted 6/25/2010 10:32:14 AM
^Agrees^
---
PSN: weeedin Steam: weeedin
XBL: weeedin
#27PSI_GroundPosted 6/25/2010 11:25:48 AM
I'd buy it.

FFV with FFVIII caliber graphics? Sign me up!
---
Petition to get Medarot DS localized!
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/974889-medarot-ds-kabuto-version/54944880
#28d0wnerPosted 6/25/2010 11:28:01 AM
FFV really, really needs to happen. If it comes to 3DS there shall be much rejoicing.

FFVI, if they remake it, will look worse than the original. Guaranteed. The only way they can do this one right is to keep the original visuals. Honestly we'll all be better off if Matrix never touches this game.
---
floating upon the surface for the birds.
#29GarbagePrincessPosted 6/25/2010 11:57:00 AM
I said I'd buy the remakes of FF4, 5, and 6 if they added a lot of extra content, and kept the original graphics.

And I did, over 3 years ago. FF4 GBA>FF4 DS. Rydia's ghost mini-games did not make up for being able to use Edward, Palom, Porom, Yang, and Cid again (and she looked better in sprite form anyway).
#30vf19excaliburPosted 6/26/2010 6:11:32 PM
I was honestly hoping this would happen.
When they started remaking the series onto the DS, I expected a progression through the rest of the 16-bit series. But then they stopped at FFIV. The only reason they didn't just proceed with FFV must have been news of the upcoming 3DS.
What I'm looking forward to with possible 3DS remakes is simply flying around with the airships.