So what comes after 3d?

#1Sano_skyPosted 6/24/2010 6:01:18 PM
Think the next step after this is making the player feel like they are in the game through touch and smell EX when you get shot you feel like something hit you (not hurting you of and when your in a forest area you smell the forest (duh)
that + 3d equals nobody outside :) no more skin cancer!
---
WFC: 2757-4808-2093-9515
Waste O' Topic.
#2K3wlnessPosted 6/24/2010 6:03:39 PM
Just maybe a better resolution? ;)

Technology today is growing at an exponential rate, indeed, so maybe some sort of realistic virtual reality will be probable in the future.

Then again, people may want to stick to more "original" methods of gaming so maybe all we have to see in the future is games with better graphics?
#3TheNomenclaturePosted 6/24/2010 6:09:42 PM
Certain parts of technology, like computer speed, are beginning to flatten.
---
I have discovered things you can only dream of
#4ZombiePikminPosted 6/24/2010 6:19:06 PM
IDK All I know is I dont wanna get up and move Videogaming time is relaxation time.
---
I will destroy your soul(b^_^)b
#5VamphaeryPosted 6/24/2010 6:29:53 PM
I asked this question on the Nonstop Gaming General board, but everyone misunderstood the question and started listing games they felt were innovative (which isn't what I was talking about.)

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/213-nonstop-gaming-general/55299543
#6lovable_lombaxPosted 6/24/2010 7:07:13 PM
I imagine that the next generation of Nintendo handhelds will be a virtual reality indiscernable from real life. People will become so immersed in their virtual paradises that society will quickly crumble. Only few will be able to resist the appeal of a Heaven on Earth such as the next gen, and they will be the future of our civilization. The human race will rise once again only to fall when our eternal fate of selfishness and greed cycles once more. All of this has happened before, and will happen again.

The Apocalypse is near. And it's name is Nintendo.
#7SyntaxBananaZPosted 6/24/2010 7:15:02 PM
The next step would be to take 3D to the next level: 3Di which stands for 3D Interaction. Only seeing digital images become more natural is the first part of the 3D process. The process of 3D is going from one step to the next, which would be your senses. First step is sound, which was at first Stereo but now it has become Surround Sound up to 7.1 speakers. Second is visual, which has been around since the red/blue glasses era. Next would be touch (i.e interaction). Once that has been successfully accomplished, I'm guessing smell could be next.
---
Friend: "My girlfriend tried making a sandwich for me but messed it up."
Me: "How the **** do you fail at putting food between bread!?"
#8TheDarkNerdPosted 6/24/2010 7:23:34 PM
Taste could also be developed. Then eroge would really get interesting >.>
---
http://i39.tinypic.com/xnar69.gif
#9Maxwell73Posted 6/24/2010 8:12:05 PM
4D, obviously.
---
No signature at the moment. I need to think of a good one.
#10RoxiKittenPosted 6/24/2010 8:37:07 PM
Certain parts of technology, like computer speed, are beginning to flatten.

The common misconception about progress is that it always happens gradually. Breakthroughs are called breakthroughs for a reason.
---
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe"