If Nintendo Can Revive Kid Icarus, Then I Want Them To Revive MOTHER/EarthBound

#1Kid_In_The_BackPosted 6/24/2010 10:43:36 PM
Seriously, I'd love to see a 3DS remake of the Mother trilogy with fully fledged 3D graphics and whatnot. I mean, who wouldn't want to see that Giygas battle in 3D?

And I STILL don't understand why NoA (or heck, Nintendo in general,) is holding back on this series for the U.S. I mean, I'd be just fine with them reviving dead IPs instead of making new ones since they have so many leftover ones anyway.
---
I am the spammer that comes up with some really, REALLY dumb theories.
#2SideC_H87Posted 6/24/2010 10:45:54 PM
haha, if they did make a new Mother/EarthBound game it wouldn't come out in English so...I'm not getting my hopes up.

---
so...I heard you liked sweet potato
#3TheDarkNerdPosted 6/24/2010 10:46:41 PM
What if, for the Giygas battle, they purposely made things blurry and incomprehensible as steroscopics?
---
http://i39.tinypic.com/xnar69.gif
#4GarbagePrincessPosted 6/25/2010 1:16:54 AM
Most of Yokoi's other creations are fine (lolvirtualboy) , but Kid Icarus is pretty bleh. Anyone can revive Kid Icarus, it's a generic platformer.

Earthbound isn't going to be revived without Itoi, and he says he's done with it.
#5NevercomingdownPosted 6/25/2010 3:28:06 AM
Yeah, really... does anyone care about Kid Icarus? Pretty sure Earthbound is more popular and more loved by a pretty good amount.
---
Gamertag: Elesp || PSN: DestroyTheEnd
"wheres the waiting room on the ps3 board?" -CinisterX
#6Xavier_On_HighPosted 6/25/2010 5:02:17 AM
They can't release any of the Mother games without risking major lawsuits from several parties...about half of the Western world, actually.

By removing the legally dubious material, they make them acceptable for release, but they also take away everything that made them special.

---
Peacekeeper of the Metroid: Other M Board
To see the faces of our rulers in the light of the shell-fire. So ugly they looked - so stupid.
#7halomonkey1_3_5Posted 6/25/2010 6:01:24 AM
They can't release any of the Mother games without risking major lawsuits from several parties...about half of the Western world, actually.

By removing the legally dubious material, they make them acceptable for release, but they also take away everything that made them special.

i've never played earthbound, what is in there that is legally dubious?
---
Billy Mays: July 20, 1958 - June 28, 2009
The Greatest
#8Megaman OmegaPosted 6/25/2010 6:13:12 AM

i've never played earthbound, what is in there that is legally dubious?

There aren't really great issues, just stuff that European moms would complain about, like the Happy Happy Clan (which look like the KKK in blue).
---
Official Vaporeon of the B/W Boards
Proud member of M.U.K.
#9Xavier_On_HighPosted 6/25/2010 6:37:39 AM
And there're various unkind references to American culture and a few references to and even samples from (fiercely copyright-protected) pop songs, not to mention some of the humour is too Japanese for some audiences.

---
Peacekeeper of the Metroid: Other M Board
To see the faces of our rulers in the light of the shell-fire. So ugly they looked - so stupid.
#10supershadowsagaPosted 6/25/2010 7:23:49 AM
Trying to localize just the Magypsies in Mother 3 would give the NA team headaches.
---
http://www.vgshuffle.com
What!? My diviner is resonating!