Nintendo's Nextt step at converting the casuals

#1pocchama1996Posted 6/25/2010 8:56:40 AM
first release the ds and sell many casual games along with alot of hardcore ones for old fans next release many unnecessary "upgrades" (dsl dsi dsiXL) to make sure the casuals will also buy any new gadet with the term DS then release 3DS knowing they will buy it but release only hardcore games at launch so they are forced to buy one and hopefully be into it so much that they turn "hardcore"
---
fullmetalyanal
"fullmetalyanl with a Y fullmetalYanal idiot."
#2Megaman OmegaPosted 6/25/2010 9:06:25 AM
What a crap theory...

They're clearly trying to make a system that pleases both harcore gamers and casuals. That's why there are so many good games coming with the launch. But you can be pretty sure that games for all gamers are going to be released all the time.
---
Official Vaporeon of the B/W Boards
Proud member of M.U.K.
#3pocchama1996(Topic Creator)Posted 6/25/2010 9:09:06 AM
i know but how many "casual" have you seen that will most likely be available at launch
---
fullmetalyanal
"fullmetalyanl with a Y fullmetalYanal idiot."
#4Megaman OmegaPosted 6/25/2010 9:15:29 AM

i know but how many "casual" have you seen that will most likely be available at launch

Implying that there's any reason to announce a game for casual gamers? Implying that any casual gamer gives a damn about E3?
---
Official Vaporeon of the B/W Boards
Proud member of M.U.K.
#5Hyrulesaver123Posted 6/25/2010 9:20:43 AM
This is exactly what Nintendo is trying to do. It's been their marketing strategy for the ever sense the wii came out. They screwed the hardcore over for a couple years to grab up a bunch of new found casual gamers. Then they will progressively become more hardcore and more hardcore until these casual gamers are now hardcore gamers. BAM! Everyone's happy and Nintendo's just picked up a couple more billion dollars in the process.

Seriously, isn't this obvious? I've had this figured out for years.
---
Not changing this sig until the the CoD:MW2 cliff hanger is relieved (IE Makarov dies)
Gamertag: one2many104; Currently playing: CoD:MW2
#6ForcefulBootPosted 6/25/2010 10:52:05 AM
^ if they were making so much more money picking up casuals then why would they stop making casual games?
---
gigabyte ma790fxt-ud5p, AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE, Patriot DDR3, Radeon 4890, Powerbird 900 watt
#7darknezbeastPosted 6/25/2010 10:56:15 AM
Iwata and Miyamoto have stated many times that their strategy for gaming was as everybody has said, gain the casual market and then slowly get that casual market to join us as hardcore gamers. The first step of that changing process has already begun, shown in the super guide system found in games like new super mario bros and mario galaxy 2 . that system was designed so that hardcore gamers could just ignore it and play the game as they please, while casual gamers could take advantage of it as they may have trouble with such a challenging game.
---
Oh Indeed
#8omescythePosted 6/25/2010 11:30:28 AM
i wouldn't realy consider games like mario and zelda to be hardcore, i say they are more in the midle of a cusual game and hardcore game. i conside hardcore having complet story , one you can see the growth of the charature and the gameplay that makes you think a lot. it be intresting to see more hardcorish games but as of now hard to say how successful they be.