So, what's the general consensus of the 3DS?

#14evermario1Posted 6/25/2010 1:47:29 PM
I, for one, am looking forward to it. More so than anything announced at E3 (with DKCR a very close second)

With graphics supposedly THIS good, new control scheme, and of course the 3D aspect, what is not to love?

But I've seen some people are now bashing the system (most prominently the AVGN's fans) who say 3D is just a gimmick and such and that they won't buy it. And not just a few people, a LOT of people say that. A LOT.

So... I'm lost. Does everyone generally like the concept or hate it?
#2pocchama1996Posted 6/25/2010 1:49:00 PM
only person ive seen hate it so far is a sony fanboy on youtube
---
fullmetalyanal
"fullmetalyanl with a Y fullmetalYanal idiot."
#3Megaman OmegaPosted 6/25/2010 1:51:46 PM
Most people are looking forwards to it. There are a couple of people that complain, but almost all of them are either misinformed, nostalgia whores or sony fanboys.
---
Official Vaporeon of the B/W Boards
Proud member of M.U.K.
#4mjalal100Posted 6/25/2010 1:52:15 PM
Yeah, I haven't heard any hate at all for the 3DS. There are some qualms with it, like it's very specific to how you look at it, but everyone I know more or less is astounded by it.
---
Gee Gee Gee Gee Baby Baby!!!
I'm a Korean Togepi :D
#54evermario1(Topic Creator)Posted 6/25/2010 1:56:04 PM
That's good.

Personally, I think this is one of the best concepts Nintendo has made in recent years.

The Graphics are supposedly much better than the Wii's, it has improved controls, intuitive 3D aspects, taking classic games we know and love and updating them tenfold, KID ICARUS, the ability to take 3D PICTURES, ability to watch movies in 3D.

...I don't see what there is to complain about unless you unfairly nitpick.
#6ToastIsWooshPosted 6/25/2010 1:57:29 PM

Link please?
Anyways, I'm really looking forward to this too. It was definitely the highpoint for me of E3.
---
http://i48.tinypic.com/2ztiy2w.jpg
http://i45.tinypic.com/332vyw6.jpg
#7GarbagePrincessPosted 6/25/2010 1:57:39 PM
The 3D is a gimmick, but I'm going to buy it anyway because the quality games aren't going to obsess over it, and the rest of the hardware is still an improvement. Shovelware games will be easy to spot because they'll try to play up the 3D/motion controls aspects.
#8Megaman OmegaPosted 6/25/2010 2:28:34 PM
I wouldn't really call it a gimmick. The DSi camera, that was a gimmick.

Anyway, i was sceptical at first, but when everyone that has tested it said that it works very well, i got excited. Also, the good titles announces were very exciting. Usually when a new console is out, i'm buying one launch title or two, but this time i'm going to buy like six of them, they're so good. And that's not counting all the first party titles they haven't announced yet.
---
Official Vaporeon of the B/W Boards
Proud member of M.U.K.
#9Endo_KenjiPosted 6/25/2010 2:40:18 PM

The 3D is a gimmick, but I'm going to buy it anyway because the quality games aren't going to obsess over it, and the rest of the hardware is still an improvement. Shovelware games will be easy to spot because they'll try to play up the 3D/motion controls aspects.

This for me as well.
---
But the pawns have seen the gameboard for what it is. - Rosencrantz, Vagrant Story
#10Maxx_the_SlashPosted 6/25/2010 2:45:32 PM

Are you talking about Phillip DeFranco, the video blogger? DeFranco hates the 3DS too, yet loves the PS3's 3D function and sees the PS3's 3D as the better 3D, despite the need for glasses. he thinks the PS3's glasses are cool, despite not everyone being able to wear them (pretty much anyone who needs glasses to see... anything at all).

Phillip DeFranco's a tool.
---
http://3dotfan.webs.com/home.htm - My 3DDGH Characters
XBL - Maxx the Slash | PSN - Maxx_the_Slash