What could be included in a second revision of the 3DS that would make you...

#1brandon13Posted 6/25/2010 6:07:21 PM
buy it after buying the first version? (Let's just assume that the model we have seen is exactly what is going to be released.)

I can't think of anything, truthfully. The DS -> DS Lite was my favorite jump between DS models due to the slimmer design and bright screen, but since we are already getting a slim original design and obviously bright screens, I think I will be happy sticking with a launch 3DS.
#2VamphaeryPosted 6/25/2010 6:08:28 PM
A. Second. Slide. Pad.
#3Megaman OmegaPosted 6/25/2010 6:09:44 PM
See the border around the screens? They could get rid of that.
---
Official Vaporeon of the B/W Boards
Proud member of M.U.K.
#4brandon13(Topic Creator)Posted 6/25/2010 6:10:50 PM
I thought of a second slide pad, but considering that a whole bunch of people would already have bought the original version and would be unwilling to buy a new one, do you think game developers would be willing to lose such a large part of their potential sales because they couldn't work with only one slide pad?
#5ToastIsWooshPosted 6/25/2010 6:12:11 PM
The only thing I could think of would be battery. Assuming the 3DS battery totally sucks (which I don't think it will), I would want a good, reliable battery. But I think Nintendo already covered anything I would want.
---
http://i48.tinypic.com/2ztiy2w.jpg
http://i45.tinypic.com/332vyw6.jpg
#6brandon13(Topic Creator)Posted 6/25/2010 6:12:15 PM
See the border around the screens? They could get rid of that.

I hope you would not fork over hundreds of extra dollars to see this gone...
#7brandon13(Topic Creator)Posted 6/25/2010 6:13:34 PM
I was actually excited upon hearing this, because I'm pretty sure that any additions to the 3DS made in future revisions will probably be negligible to me.
#8brandon13(Topic Creator)Posted 6/25/2010 6:14:00 PM
realising*
#9VamphaeryPosted 6/25/2010 6:15:04 PM
I thought of a second slide pad, but considering that a whole bunch of people would already have bought the original version and would be unwilling to buy a new one, do you think game developers would be willing to lose such a large part of their potential sales because they couldn't work with only one slide pad?

They wouldn't have to lose potential sales. Developers and games utilizing only one slide pad would remain, but games could give us the OPTION of using either the stylus or the right slide pad. (Or in reverse for lefties.)
#10KogaSteelfangPosted 6/25/2010 6:21:07 PM
What could be included in a second revision of the 3DS that would make you...

Second revision...
Well I'd guess if a 2nd slide pad was added, it'd be added in the first revision.
2nd revision would liklely be bigger screens.

Also, if no 2nd slide pad is on the original design, it won't happen later either.
---
Supported by wings of faith, Wielding a sword of light.
I am a believer.