Nintendo is going to create such a good portable, theyre going to kill gaming

#1xCha0sPosted 6/25/2010 9:44:19 PM
the 3DS is looking so good that people stop buying the ps portable, and then sony backs out of that market, and nintendo dominates, and with less portable competition nintendo slacks off as they have the world in their palm, and all the power comes at a price...no competition means inferior quality. the n64 was good because of heavy competition. quality goes down as user numbers go up, and power and dominance falls behind one gaming force....nintendo are crapping all over their friendly rivals by being aggressive, and theyre helping to halt gaming...
---
[ My Videogame Collection ] http://www.gamespot.com/users/xCha0s/games_table?mode=own
#2xCha0s(Topic Creator)Posted 6/25/2010 9:44:32 PM
by being skilled at their jobs!
---
[ My Videogame Collection ] http://www.gamespot.com/users/xCha0s/games_table?mode=own
#3AlphaWhelpPosted 6/25/2010 9:52:41 PM
thanks for sharing
#4MizuhoChamaPosted 6/25/2010 9:55:09 PM
Quality has already gone down. Zelda is getting progressively worse for an example.

Spirit Tracks was pretty much abysmal.
---
Om nom nom
Pokemon HG - 2880 1986 1235
#5LazyBroPosted 6/25/2010 10:03:54 PM

no competition means inferior quality

So true... here's to hoping Sony won't back out like the other handheld rivals of Nintendo.
---
"Man does not live on bread alone"
Since there's always CAKE!
#6frogman_295Posted 6/25/2010 10:24:14 PM
I hope the PSP sticks around for this very reason. Nintendo will get lazy an under-power their handhelds.
#7angelskynianPosted 6/25/2010 10:47:22 PM
Competition breeds creation of great ideas and innovation, handheld gaming is at its best when rival companies try to one up
each other.

Its a sad state of affairs when a handheld's plugged is pulled (RIP Gamegear), hopefully the PSP stays around for a bit longer
until Sony comes up with something either new or just more games.

Sorry for Apple but I just can't see the iPhone being a true handheld gaming device, their best games don't hold a candle
to what the 3DS, DS and PSP has.
---
#8elheberPosted 6/25/2010 11:11:21 PM
Competition creates better products... eventually one of them is so good that it kills competition.

That's like patricide.
---
"A closet intellectual, he acts dumb to impress women."
I type random stuff in this line if I have something extra to say.
#9maaaattyPosted 6/26/2010 2:02:26 AM
Regardless of how you view the iPod/phone as a gaming machine in terms of quality games, it still is valid competition to the 3ds and psp when it comes to portable gaming. Apple have sold millions of apps. Take a train ride during peak hour and count the amount of people playing with their idevice.

---
will not change sig until fever to tell is available for rockband. Will settle for isis or yeah yeah yeahs ep.
#10osboesPosted 6/26/2010 2:05:52 AM
its not like nintendo did have much competition before psp in the first place.