Crosseye 3D comapred to Nintendo 3DS

#11NitharadPosted 6/26/2010 3:21:28 AM
As a child I was told that you shouldn't cross your eyes, 'cause it they can "freeze" and stay that way forever ... don't know if that's true ...
#12pocchama1996Posted 6/26/2010 4:38:20 AM
cross eye 3d doesnt work at all for me it just becomes one big blurry mess
---
fullmetalyanal
"fullmetalyanl with a Y fullmetalYanal idiot."
#13RayHorakPosted 6/26/2010 5:18:47 AM
Nitharad: Don't know how you will take this, but: Many things you're being told as a child are outright lies :P
#14MetroidJunkiePosted 6/26/2010 5:25:39 AM
It works for me but I have to get the images very small so that my eyes can properly align them.
#15nonexistingheroPosted 6/26/2010 5:48:21 AM

Nitharad: Don't know how you will take this, but: Many things you're being told as a child are outright lies :P

Uhm, not all. Why do you think they recommend to keep 3D away from children?
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#16Megaman OmegaPosted 6/26/2010 11:30:26 AM

Uhm, not all. Why do you think they recommend to keep 3D away from children?

Because that's a standard protocol message that's on any 3D technology whatsoever.

RayHorak is right, many things you are told are wrong. Reading in the dark damages your eyes? Wrong. Peering/Squinting can damage your eyes or cause it to stay permanently? Wrong. Carrots are good for your eyes? Wrong.
---
Official Vaporeon of the B/W Boards
Proud member of M.U.K.
#17Devil_DanPosted 6/27/2010 7:20:30 AM
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=23028&id=100000499519112&upload=1#!/album.php?aid=23028&id=100000499519112

I added a couple more. Some of them I made without a base. Pretty amazing for how much error the eyes and brain can compensate.
#18Board_hunter567Posted 6/27/2010 7:34:01 AM
You know, I can do the Magic Eye books, but for the life of me, I just can't cross my eyes enough to see these. :/
#19Megaman OmegaPosted 6/27/2010 7:36:00 AM

I added a couple more. Some of them I made without a base. Pretty amazing for how much error the eyes and brain can compensate.

Hehe, yep. Most people don't even know about the blind spot, per example. Who would think that the human eye is blind on one spot and everything you think you see there is just made up by the brain?
---
Official Vaporeon of the B/W Boards
Proud member of M.U.K.
#20gransPosted 6/27/2010 7:39:45 AM

Because that's a standard protocol message that's on any 3D technology whatsoever.

RayHorak is right, many things you are told are wrong. Reading in the dark damages your eyes? Wrong. Peering/Squinting can damage your eyes or cause it to stay permanently? Wrong. Carrots are good for your eyes? Wrong.

Actually, carrots are good for your eyes. They have beta carotene which the body converts to vitamin A, which is extremely beneficial in keeping your eyes healthy. They won't improve your eyesight in general, but they will help keep your eyes from getting worse and keep them healthy for longer. Medical and scientific consensus knows this, but it's not carrots in particular that are good for your eyes, it's vitamin A. Carrots just happen to be rich in beta carotene which converts to vitamin A, that's why people cite carrots all the time with keeping eyes healthy. Vitamin A deficiency can actually cause or accelerate the occurrence of blindness-
http://www.webmd.com/diet/carrots-good-for-eyes

As for the things about your eyes getting "stuck" in a certain position, all bullcrap. As with the lowlight reading, squinting. It may hurt your eyes to squint too much, but it's a temporary thing with no long term effects. Eye strain is painful, but it really has no prolonged side effects that will manifest in a permanent form.
---
NEVER judge a game you have not played.
-Granville