Wind Waker port?

#1TNF4LifePosted 6/25/2010 11:03:17 PM
I never beat it and didn't get too far.

You think Nintendo will release this on 3DS? I do have WW on Cube but no memory card at the moment and I just hate the controller. Plus it looks really fuzzy and stuff because I have a 50" HDTV. Adn that's when I use component cables.

A great looking game like WW deserves much better than that. It would look amazing on 3DS on it's resolution.
#2CosmoKramer4700Posted 6/25/2010 11:04:49 PM
Well...I know nothing of HD, but I loved Wind Waker, so I'm hoping they just port over WW and Twilight Princess.

Ocarina's getting a remake...I kind of want the same for Majora's Mask so long as they can keep the eerie and dark tone of that game intact.
---
Gutalala Sudalala
ONE PIECE, IT EXISTS! - The Great Pirate, Edward Newgate "Whitebeard"
#3frogman_295Posted 6/25/2010 11:07:49 PM
enough ports!!!
#4SyntaxBananaZPosted 6/25/2010 11:08:35 PM
Has Nintendo ever ported over GameCube titles? Remakes, sure a few, but ports?
---
Friend: "My girlfriend tried making a sandwich for me but messed it up."
Me: "How the **** do you fail at putting food between bread!?"
#5TNF4Life(Topic Creator)Posted 6/25/2010 11:09:26 PM
yeah you're right, too many ports.

You know what, I'll just play them on my Cube like old times. I never used it that much anyways and definitely missed out on some great gems.

I'll be picking up a memory card soon.
#6TNF4Life(Topic Creator)Posted 6/25/2010 11:12:30 PM

From: Super Jumper Mario2 | Posted: 6/25/2010 11:08:35 PM | #004
Has Nintendo ever ported over GameCube titles? Remakes, sure a few, but ports?

Yeah they ported Metroid 1 & 2 and a few others to the Wii. Granted the ports had some updates on it like widescreen support, added control types, and a few other things added.
#7CosmoKramer4700Posted 6/25/2010 11:22:04 PM
Um, no because Ocarina is a remake. They've had ports on every major Nintendo handheld. it's not going to make the system fail so calm down.

GBA had ports of Yoshi's Island, A Link to the Past, Mariokart for SNES, Super Mario World, and downgraded versions of DKC, DKC2, and DKC3.

DS had Chrono Trigger and others.

Ports are fine. Nintendo's done them in the past. They ported A Link to the Past to GBA.

Alongside those titles we also got Minish Cap and Mario & Luigi on the GBA

on the DS we had tons of new stuff in addition to ports.

Ports aren't nearly as difficult as original games....and not that uncommon. There's nothing wrong with them. No one expects them all immediately. But about 2 years from now, it would be nice to see those games ported over. This isn't so ridiculosu or impossible.
---
Gutalala Sudalala
#8TNF4Life(Topic Creator)Posted 6/25/2010 11:25:30 PM
Let's not forget Nintendo also ported Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Zelda II, and Zelda I to the Gamecube? It was a bonus game though (for Nintendo Power subscribers and new Cube owners).
#9CosmoKramer4700Posted 6/25/2010 11:26:47 PM
^Also got the Ocarina of Time / Master Quest Gamecube disc as a bonus for pre-ordering The Wind Waker.
---
Gutalala Sudalala
#10TNF4Life(Topic Creator)Posted 6/25/2010 11:31:24 PM
^that be true. I never got it. Are those like new quests or something?