As a leftie, I have to say...

#1Garp_fistPosted 6/26/2010 4:01:23 AM
Both sides are being asses. Lefties are *****ing up a storm, ignoring the fact that Nintendo generally has our backs, while self righteous jackasses that don't quite get their reason for complaining tell then to shut the **** up.
---
CN 'Hall of fame' dvd boxsets with Courage and Johnny? **** YES!
People that want Viewtiful Joe 3: 32
#2daodosPosted 6/26/2010 5:05:30 AM
How many controllers are built for left handed users. I have 3 friends who are left handed. All use controllers just as good as I do. They are used to the scheme because its what they have used for years. So unless you are new to gaming or have had special left handed controllers for your whole life. I don;t see why you have any right to complain.
---
MH-TRI ID: CCG69X
Wii FC:8634-0327-7959-9812
#3maaaattyPosted 6/26/2010 5:30:26 AM
Oh, yeah, right. Except your forgetting the fact that controllers =/= 3ds.

Most of the controllers have two sticks for movement so your argument is flawed right there. Using two sticks is completely different to using one stick and a touch screen. You don't understand because you are right handed and have never experienced the uncomfortability of playing an fps on a ds.

Anyway, I'm sure nintendo will work something out for lefties.
---
will not change sig until fever to tell is available for rockband. Will settle for isis or yeah yeah yeahs ep.
#4MasterOtenkoPosted 6/26/2010 5:49:35 AM
How many controllers are built for left handed users. I have 3 friends who are left handed. All use controllers just as good as I do. They are used to the scheme because its what they have used for years. So unless you are new to gaming or have had special left handed controllers for your whole life. I don;t see why you have any right to complain.

Controllers don't have a touch screen on them, along with a single analog stick. Way to go, though!
---
Unyu! Unya!
#5CobaltosPosted 6/26/2010 6:10:51 AM
I'm a leftie, never had problems with any console or controller but I would be worried if the 3DS only has one control stick. I've trained myself to become nearly ambidextrous, I can write with both hands but holding a stylus is slightly more comfortable with my left hand.

Although this:
http://regmedia.co.uk/2004/05/12/nintendo_ds_1.jpg

Gives me some hope that they'll change the final version.
---
^He's lying.
Wii FC: 6994-9886-0165-7282, Gamertag: Cobaltos
#6AnotherVisitorPosted 6/26/2010 6:30:39 AM
Fun fact: Lefties have a higher mortality rate than righties.
---
The stars we could reach were just starfish on the beach.
#7CobaltosPosted 6/26/2010 6:39:06 AM

Yes, apparently because most heavy machinery and tools are made for righties.
---
^He's lying.
Wii FC: 6994-9886-0165-7282, Gamertag: Cobaltos
#8WetterdewPosted 6/26/2010 8:36:18 AM

^The study that suggested that there was something like a nine-year disparity (some estimates from the late 20th century ran higher than the disparity between smokers and non-smokers) used secondhand evidence, and further studies have been done that found little to no difference at all.

Of course, right-handed machinery has killed some lefties, and the fact that many were forced to change while they were still developing does a lot of damage. That's nothing inherent in left-handedness. That's just society. It's like saying "the monkeys in test chamber A that we punched in the face every day were found to have a shorter life expectancy than the monkeys in test chamber B."
--
Everything is a journey. Explore ALL.
#9Megaman OmegaPosted 6/26/2010 8:44:43 AM
The whole complaint is invalid. It doesn't matter which controls are left or right, you have to get used to it either way. Per example, when i play games on the computer (especially emulations back then when i couldn't just buy the games because 7 year old kids haven't got money), i always used the arrow keys with the right hand (as opposed to the wasd keys and the d-pad that you operate with the left hand). And guess what? No problems at all!
---
Official Vaporeon of the B/W Boards
Proud member of M.U.K.
#10daodosPosted 6/26/2010 3:24:45 PM
I still think this complaining is all BS. Am I the only one who thinks a second analog stick would be a waste on an 3DS. (I guess other then for the left handed people who can't adjust.) As far as I see it. If Miyamoto has no problem with it. Then why do you.
---
MH-TRI ID: CCG69X
Wii FC:8634-0327-7959-9812