Possible to have a new Banjo Kazooie for 3DS?

#31gransPosted 6/27/2010 6:12:37 AM

If Metroid Primes and how DKC is coming along are any indication, Retro's already proven to be a worthy replacement.

Fixed and I totally agree. Nintendo clearly is giving Retro a chance of becoming the new Rare. Even the names remind me of each other. If Retro can succeed in the DKC revival, i wish them all the best and hope they become a video game ultrapower! We NEED a new Rareware IMO. And lets hope they have some 3DS projects as well.
---
NEVER judge a game you have not played.
-Granville
#32mrfatcatPosted 6/27/2010 6:20:51 AM
Retro should release a Zelda 64 gameplay/art style Zelda Game for the 3DS or Wii.

Nintendo HAS let them handle one of their big IPs, Metriod. It could happen.

---
Advertising a MMO: Minecraft.net
It there a problem?
#33gransPosted 6/27/2010 6:28:52 AM

Retro should release a Zelda 64 gameplay/art style Zelda Game for the 3DS or Wii.

Nintendo HAS let them handle one of their big IPs, Metriod. It could happen.

Indeed. Actually, last i checked, Minish Cap on GBA was developed by Capcom of all people. Also the Oracle of Ages/Seasons games IIRC... So it's definitely not the first time Nintendo has let a different developer handle Zelda, at least on a portable.

Personally, i'd like them to try their hands at a new Yoshi's Island game. I loved the original, but the DS sequel by Artoon left me feeling a bit empty somehow, even with the similar gameplay. It's a solid game, but just inferior to the original to me. Lacks the charm the SNES/GBA game did and somehow comes off like it's a fake trying to imitate the original but not quite succeeding. I think Retro could possible do something to help.

Maybe even in the future, Retro can create their own awesome new franchise like Rare did with Banjo. It would be awesome to have a high quality 3D platformer and see what they could do with it. At least some kind of original game of their own or whatever.
---
NEVER judge a game you have not played.
-Granville
#34leeland2121Posted 6/27/2010 8:48:10 AM
i wanna see banjo kazooie on it as well
#35DavCubePosted 6/27/2010 10:27:19 AM
Nintendo just needs to buy the rights for Goldeneye and Donkey Kong 64.

*facepalm*

....you know what, no. I'm tired of having to explain this. Just... *points to Virtual Console releases of DKC 1-3*
---
http://backloggery.com/davcube
#36John325Posted 6/29/2010 5:44:51 PM
I would absolutely love to see Banjo-Kazooie 3DS. We need a proper sequel after that Nuts and Bolts garbage. I don't care if Rare has all new employees... As long as they stay away from the horrid vehicle stuff it would have to be at least somewhat better. Banjo-Kazooie: Grunty's Revenge was released on the GBA after Microsoft bought Rare, so I still have hope.

---
http://card.mygamercard.net/crest/ghostjohn325.png
http://backloggery.com/main.php?user=john325
#37MizuhoChamaPosted 6/29/2010 6:42:11 PM
They could just create a new IP that is exactly like Banjo, but with no infringing on Rare's.

I would definitely buy Flutey McRockton.

...Or something.
---
Om nom nom
Pokemon HG - 2880 1986 1235
#38MoemartyrPosted 7/2/2010 3:53:37 AM
Bump,

I want Banjo Kazooie for 3DS

We can call it Banjo 3D (see what i did there?)