graphics better be bettter

#21gransPosted 6/27/2010 11:56:44 AM

Oot remake definitely doesn't look as bad as a dreamcast game.. At least for Sonic Adventure, the characters looked almost has bad as an N64 game. You should look back at it, sometimes you forget how crappy it looks.

I'd say Link himself looks better than the character models in the original Sonic Adventure, but other than that, it looks like it would be at home on DC so far. Comparing the two games-

Sonic Adventure DC-
http://www.gamershell.com/static/screenshots/7004/143841_full.jpg

Zelda OOT 3DS-
http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2010/167/997842_20100617_screen001.jpg

To Zelda's credit though, it's definitely an early screenshot, we've not seen it in motion, and we don't know how well the characters animate or what the rest of game game looks like. Hyrule Field was actually pretty barren in the N64 game and was not an accurate representation on how good it looked. I assume the same will be true here. The lighting was also quite nice in the original game, so i can see them improving that (lighting wasn't really very good in SA1 at all). Just judging from the still Zelda screens, it looks like they've already improved the lighting and shading. The 3DS GPU is clearly good at that just from the specs and the Resident Evil screens.

So i'm holding off on how it looks in comparison to a game that has been out for more than 10 years now. Too much can change, and we need to see what it looks like in motion. One thing i'm looking forward to changing from the original- the framerate. The N64 version ran at 20 frames per second, which is quite low. I can see the 3DS easily achieving 30 if not 60 fps, rendering the game much smoother.
---
NEVER judge a game you have not played.
-Granville
#22MetroidJunkiePosted 6/27/2010 12:35:28 PM
Resident Evil: Revelations looks kind of like Chronicles of Riddick for Xbox in that it sacrifices polygon count a bit for shader effects, you can tell by the slight blockiness of the characters.
#23VamphaeryPosted 6/27/2010 12:39:55 PM
yeah us fanboys will like it

Why would you identify yourself as a fanboy? Are you one? If you are, that is your right, but I personally recommend against it. Play what you want on the platforms you want to play them on, and owe allegiance to no one company. They are all businesses with their first goal being to make as much money as possible, and while passion and talent exist within them and this isn't true of every employee of their entire company, in sum total they don't care that you're their "fanboy" beyond the amount of dollars and cents you spend on their products.

but the Xbox supremists will look at it and say eww.

I have an Xbox 360, a PS3, and a PC. And I think the visuals shown so far for the 3DS look amazing for a handheld. I can't wait to see more.

and plus, with a new generation graphics have to be better or else its just the last system with a different interface.

It is an entirely new GPU from 2008 with at least some capabilities even the Wii, let alone the current DS, doesn't have.

plus doesnt everyone like better graphics?

Personally I prefer gameplay, but graphics never hurt! :)
#24leeland2121(Topic Creator)Posted 6/28/2010 11:31:16 AM
Vamphaery has the right ideas when it comes to gaming.

but xbox sumpremists (every guy in the usa almost) have made me support nintendo more, becasue they say nintendo systems are for kids
#25strife14467Posted 6/28/2010 1:36:44 PM
Graphics are nothing without good gameplay. People can argue all they want, but a game with bad gameplay cannot be saved with good graphics. People need to realize that games are supposed to be fun and entertaining, and not make you sit and drool over the visuals. If the 3DS games are fun and entertaining, that's all I really care about. I personally feel that graphics are the last thing a game needs to have to be good. Don't get me wrong, I love games with great graphics, but the gameplay has to be good as well or those graphics mean nothing.
---
my consoles: NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Master System, Genesis, Saturn, Dreamcast, Playstation, PS2, XBOX, and Wii
#26sackboypwnsallPosted 6/28/2010 1:40:17 PM
Or else we'll have to convence ourselves into thinking they're better! >:O
---
PSN:YOTESnintendo LBP everyday!