I'm still on my first DS...

#21CosmoKramer4700Posted 6/27/2010 12:39:19 PM
Hmm so I'm pretty sure all my handhelds still work. I know my GBA SP, GBC, and GBA work fine. Not sure about my original Brick gameboy though....some battery acid residue on the insides....

Anyway,l yeah my launch DS is still working as well! Well...this one is from about a month after launch. The first one I got had a few dead pixels, so I exchanged it. Second had dead pixels. Exchanged it and got this one. So it's about three months after launch at that point. Hmm, but yeah it works fine and everything except it fell and the screen hinge broke off.

I did buy a DS about 3 years ago also and that's in pretty much perfect shape. Just wish it had a matte finish so it didn't get smudges on it....there are a few scratches, but not really anything noteworthy.
---
Gutalala Sudalala
ONE PIECE, IT EXISTS! - The Great Pirate, Edward Newgate "Whitebeard"
#224tr3yUl0v3Posted 6/27/2010 1:03:45 PM
My DS lasted me from the (european) launch day on. Speakers sound a bit off at times, but I played it quite frequently for all those years. My GBA also survived Battery acid and is still doing fine.
#23shadowninja100Posted 6/27/2010 1:12:28 PM
I still have my Original DS, the only problem I have with it is occasionally it has trouble reading GBA games. Other than that it's working perfectly.
---
currently playing: Bad company 2, Zelda: Spirit Tracks, Persona 4, Super Mario Galaxy 2
PSN ID: Shadowninja100
#24_Trevor__Posted 6/27/2010 1:16:23 PM
My DS phat still can't read the game card half the time and I have to blow on it to make it work. Never had any screen problems though.

I'm glad the 3DS was announced now because I almost went out and got a DSi XL
---
Yes, I'm _Trevor_
#25MizuhoChamaPosted 6/27/2010 2:15:51 PM
I'm still on my first NES.

Nintendo gear is built to last.
---
Om nom nom
Pokemon HG - 2880 1986 1235
#26Xavier_On_High(Topic Creator)Posted 6/27/2010 2:21:23 PM
Come to think of it, I still have my first NES, too. It still works...most of the time.

---
Peacekeeper of the Metroid: Other M Board
To see the faces of our rulers in the light of the shell-fire. So ugly they looked - so stupid.
#27Magic_KirbyPosted 6/27/2010 3:21:05 PM
i still have my launch lite. I have modded it because the hinge broke and the r button is completely dead but it still plays great. the battery is really going downhill though. i think i hit the 500 charge limit.
---
The moral of the story is to get some head you need some bread - HannibalBarca3
#28nintendomaniacPosted 6/27/2010 8:20:19 PM
Fun fact - if you start charging your battery right when the power light goes red, you'll be able to lengthen its long-term life. (however it's good to completely drain the battery once every month or so)

The same goes for not charging up all they way (like only charging to 80%), but that's much harder to keep track of.

Also a "middle" charge level (optimally 40%) is best if its just sitting around for a while or is in storage.
---
Wii Code: 8374-5612-2233-9267
#29megafan 999Posted 6/27/2010 8:48:39 PM
Me too :D But I guess I don't use it as much as other people do, so that's part of the reason. I was just looking into getting a DSi when the 3DS was announced, lucky me :P
---
Now Playing: Final Fantasy XIII, Valkyria Chronicles, God of War Chains of Olympus.