Still uses Flash memory?

#1omniryuPosted 6/27/2010 9:23:29 AM
I hope it's more than 256 or 512mb. How bout 16gb?
---
PSN ID: Omniryu
PKMN FC: 1505 8611 4239
#2GameDesignerSagePosted 6/27/2010 9:30:48 AM
Very little chance of 16GB.

Will probably amount to 2-4GB.
#3Hyrulesaver123Posted 6/27/2010 9:33:56 AM
I'm gonna say 16 GB with amount of stuff this thing can do.
---
Not changing this sig until the the CoD:MW2 cliff hanger is relieved (IE Makarov dies)
Gamertag: one2many104; Currently playing: CoD:MW2
#4gransPosted 6/27/2010 9:43:03 AM
We've had confirmation from Nintendo themselves that initially, the capacity will be 2GB at launch. That's already more than a PSP UMD can hold. And considering how the DS' initial capacity has quadrupled since its launch, i wouldn't put it out of the question to get 8GB cartridge or more by the time the 3DS is well established within a year or two. 4GB is a normal DVD size, and 8GB is equal to a dual layer DVD (largest Wii game). Smash Bros Brawl uses dual layer DVD and i believe is the only Wii game to use that size (correct me if i'm wrong).

So yeah, we're getting some good capacity here. Even with 2GB, it's a ton of room. Gamecube games could only store 1.35GB, PSP can only hold up to 1.8GB. So there's some nice room for fancy textures and voice acting. :P
---
NEVER judge a game you have not played.
-Granville
#5DarkSideOfBluePosted 6/27/2010 9:46:06 AM

We've had confirmation from Nintendo themselves that initially, the capacity will be 2GB at launch. That's already more than a PSP UMD can hold. And considering how the DS' initial capacity has quadrupled since its launch, i wouldn't put it out of the question to get 8GB cartridge or more by the time the 3DS is well established within a year or two. 4GB is a normal DVD size, and 8GB is equal to a dual layer DVD (largest Wii game). Smash Bros Brawl uses dual layer DVD and i believe is the only Wii game to use that size (correct me if i'm wrong).

So yeah, we're getting some good capacity here. Even with 2GB, it's a ton of room. Gamecube games could only store 1.35GB, PSP can only hold up to 1.8GB. So there's some nice room for fancy textures and voice acting. :P

TC is talking about INTERNAL flash memory, not carts.
#6omniryu(Topic Creator)Posted 6/27/2010 9:50:26 AM
Yea, like the place where the DSi and Wii put Dsiware, Wiiware, save filee, and photos.
That's what I was talking about. But as for carts it should atleast be 4gbs. If they want to get all the good PS2, GC, and Xbox port.
---
#7Board_hunter567Posted 6/27/2010 9:56:54 AM
This was something that hadn't occurred to me when it was revealed.

I was thinking that, if Nintendo really listened to Wii storage capacity complaints, they'd probably add a dime's worth (seriously, flash ROM isn't that expensive for mass-production) of extra space in each 3DS.

Unless they decide to completely revamped their online services, and make a reasonable size limit for 3DSWare, they may add a whole lot more than what is the expected 512MB~2GB, maybe 16 or 20.
#8gransPosted 6/27/2010 9:59:13 AM
Ah i see, well then that's my bad. Sorry about that. I think they'll use larger internal memory. Plus you have the SD slot to fall back on (maybe, if they let you load games into it).
---
NEVER judge a game you have not played.
-Granville
#9omniryu(Topic Creator)Posted 6/27/2010 10:07:36 AM
about the online. It not really the 'Service'* It's their policy and attitude towards online. Majority of the people at Nintendo don't care for online. Not everybody - Gamefreak and Mario Kart's team cares alot online. Frankily, I bet if it was up to those two, We'd have no friendcode end Voicechat in those games...with strangers of course. But 3DS has a chance to change. Remove the FC and let us talk to anyone - something we'd should hope for.
---
#10AJ2412Posted 6/27/2010 10:16:29 AM
"If they want to get all the good PS2, GC, and Xbox port.

WTF are you talking about?
---
Nothing can save you from me! Not men, not weapons, NOT ARMOR!!!!!