Still uses Flash memory?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Still uses Flash memory?

User Info: omniryu

omniryu
6 years ago#1
I hope it's more than 256 or 512mb. How bout 16gb?
PSN ID: Omniryu
PKMN FC: 1505 8611 4239

User Info: GameDesignerSage

GameDesignerSage
6 years ago#2
Very little chance of 16GB.

Will probably amount to 2-4GB.

User Info: Hyrulesaver123

Hyrulesaver123
6 years ago#3
I'm gonna say 16 GB with amount of stuff this thing can do.
Not changing this sig until the the CoD:MW2 cliff hanger is relieved (IE Makarov dies)
Gamertag: one2many104; Currently playing: CoD:MW2

User Info: grans

grans
6 years ago#4
We've had confirmation from Nintendo themselves that initially, the capacity will be 2GB at launch. That's already more than a PSP UMD can hold. And considering how the DS' initial capacity has quadrupled since its launch, i wouldn't put it out of the question to get 8GB cartridge or more by the time the 3DS is well established within a year or two. 4GB is a normal DVD size, and 8GB is equal to a dual layer DVD (largest Wii game). Smash Bros Brawl uses dual layer DVD and i believe is the only Wii game to use that size (correct me if i'm wrong).

So yeah, we're getting some good capacity here. Even with 2GB, it's a ton of room. Gamecube games could only store 1.35GB, PSP can only hold up to 1.8GB. So there's some nice room for fancy textures and voice acting. :P
NEVER judge a game you have not played.
-Granville

User Info: DarkSideOfBlue

DarkSideOfBlue
6 years ago#5

We've had confirmation from Nintendo themselves that initially, the capacity will be 2GB at launch. That's already more than a PSP UMD can hold. And considering how the DS' initial capacity has quadrupled since its launch, i wouldn't put it out of the question to get 8GB cartridge or more by the time the 3DS is well established within a year or two. 4GB is a normal DVD size, and 8GB is equal to a dual layer DVD (largest Wii game). Smash Bros Brawl uses dual layer DVD and i believe is the only Wii game to use that size (correct me if i'm wrong).

So yeah, we're getting some good capacity here. Even with 2GB, it's a ton of room. Gamecube games could only store 1.35GB, PSP can only hold up to 1.8GB. So there's some nice room for fancy textures and voice acting. :P

TC is talking about INTERNAL flash memory, not carts.

omniryu
6 years ago#6
Yea, like the place where the DSi and Wii put Dsiware, Wiiware, save filee, and photos.
That's what I was talking about. But as for carts it should atleast be 4gbs. If they want to get all the good PS2, GC, and Xbox port.

User Info: Board_hunter567

Board_hunter567
6 years ago#7
This was something that hadn't occurred to me when it was revealed.

I was thinking that, if Nintendo really listened to Wii storage capacity complaints, they'd probably add a dime's worth (seriously, flash ROM isn't that expensive for mass-production) of extra space in each 3DS.

Unless they decide to completely revamped their online services, and make a reasonable size limit for 3DSWare, they may add a whole lot more than what is the expected 512MB~2GB, maybe 16 or 20.

User Info: grans

grans
6 years ago#8
Ah i see, well then that's my bad. Sorry about that. I think they'll use larger internal memory. Plus you have the SD slot to fall back on (maybe, if they let you load games into it).
NEVER judge a game you have not played.
-Granville

omniryu
6 years ago#9
about the online. It not really the 'Service'* It's their policy and attitude towards online. Majority of the people at Nintendo don't care for online. Not everybody - Gamefreak and Mario Kart's team cares alot online. Frankily, I bet if it was up to those two, We'd have no friendcode end Voicechat in those games...with strangers of course. But 3DS has a chance to change. Remove the FC and let us talk to anyone - something we'd should hope for.

User Info: AJ2412

AJ2412
6 years ago#10
"If they want to get all the good PS2, GC, and Xbox port.

WTF are you talking about?
Nothing can save you from me! Not men, not weapons, NOT ARMOR!!!!!
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Still uses Flash memory?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived