3DS may be Hazardous to Your Health

#21SamuriPosted 6/28/2010 12:17:02 PM
Unless there is a legit medical journal publishes something about 3D or the 3DS causing cancer im not going to believe some random articles. its the same crap from cell phone use, they have tried for many years to link cell phones and cancer, but they cant. or they try to link vaccinations with autism in children, when the medical journal took that originally published that took it back and said the experiments werent properly done, so as of right now all this scare tactics are pathetic imo and hold no validity in science.

I think its just scared soccor moms that push this stuff.
---
The life of the wife is ended by the knife.
#22SuperShadowAcePosted 6/28/2010 2:51:37 PM

Unless there is a legit medical journal publishes something about 3D or the 3DS causing cancer im not going to believe some random articles. its the same crap from cell phone use, they have tried for many years to link cell phones and cancer, but they cant. or they try to link vaccinations with autism in children, when the medical journal took that originally published that took it back and said the experiments werent properly done, so as of right now all this scare tactics are pathetic imo and hold no validity in science.

I think its just scared soccor moms that push this stuff.

Just famous people, as an Autistic kid who was the head of my class in Science, I agree that it's complete BS.
---
http://ofnoobsandmen.com/ <----Good comic
Game contact information in profile. Also, please remember to make your post readable.
#23Marcster1994Posted 6/28/2010 3:08:58 PM
See this isn't Red and Blue 3D(which agravates your eyes). This is full color 3D.
---
"I honestly think it's the fans of the 360 and PS3 that can't handle the idea of something with lesser graphics doing so well." - lp913
#24eevee12Posted 6/28/2010 4:20:34 PM
First of all, 3D with and without glasses are NOT really different. the way they create the effect is slightly different, but they are basically the same in terms of effects. Second of all there is no real difference between red/blue and the "full coloured" versions". And anyway, this topic doesn't apply to me because 3D doesn't work for me (I have a lazy eye).
#25Madness2012(Topic Creator)Posted 6/29/2010 7:13:55 AM
We shall see what happens when it comes out and who will try to drop the first lawsuit for it doing damage to there son or daughter eyes.....
#26BladePenguinPosted 6/29/2010 7:35:51 AM
Understood.
However my personal opinion on optical glasses is that they correct your vision at the expense of making your natural sight worse as a result of the lens doing things for you. However going by that train of thought the 3d effect ruining your eyes makes sense (and I assumed).

This just mean's 1. Include a disclaimer "Do not allow kids under 7 to use the 3d effect" and put PARENTAL controls on to prevent that. In addition just dont have the 3d effect running for long. Have some interesting going on, put on your 3d, otherwise take it off. Have 3D put emphasis on the things you care about, don't let it take over to the point that you can't stand anything not in 3d.

I'd assume that if you looked at it for too long eventually you wouldn't be able to see in 3d.
---
MOH2:Wii Online name Enso
Brawl FC: 5455-9156-6673
#27Megaman OmegaPosted 6/29/2010 7:49:16 AM
What's that? A post of made up crap? Sorry, but all of it is just so wrong. You seem to have no idea about vision and glasses. First of all, the way how glasses works is no matter of opinion, it's science. Stuff doesn't work according to someone's opinion.

Also, they will most likely just put in that code again that lets you lock content like the 3D. And your assumption about 3D not working anymore if you look at it for too long is just wrong. Where did you get that from? You're looking at 3D all the time in the real world and that doesn't stop working either, now does it? The 3DS its 3DS isn't sending magic waves to your brain or something, it's making your eyes percieve in the exact way as the percieve 3D all the time, which is by seeing two different pictures with both eyes.

The only way to damage your eyes by seeing something is by looking at light that is too strong or by being exposed to non-light waves that damage living tissue (per example, by looking directly in the sun).
---
Official Vaporeon of the B/W Boards
Proud member of M.U.K.
#28DiggerdudePosted 6/29/2010 7:56:38 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]