New 3DS Update: battery life to be 22 hours, HOLY CRAP

#1L0L_FAQPosted 6/27/2010 11:10:30 PM
My contacts in Japan tell me that a Japanese magazine that roughly translates to "Flames" has released an interview with Miyamoto who said there will be 6 brightness levels and, on depending on brightness level and what is going on in the game, the battery life will range from 6 - 22 hours.

I'm just posting this so other people can confirm with this if any other obscure information releases are found in japmags and crap like that.
---
Project Gotham Racing --- "Your toast has been burnt, and no amount of scraping can remove the black parts!" -Caboose, Red vs Blue
#2PokeclipsePosted 6/27/2010 11:12:18 PM
Companies boast suspiciously high battery lives for their yet-to-be-released products, whose estimates may be based on standby mode with the screen on the darkest setting and all optional features disabled.

News at 11.
---
$50 says that I don't have a gambling problem.
#3SyntaxBananaZPosted 6/27/2010 11:13:50 PM
Yeah I could see it going for 22 hours on lowest settings, any wireless functions off, in stand by/sleep mode.

Otherwise, just give me 6 hours on brightest settings and I'm happy.
---
Friend: "My girlfriend tried making a sandwich for me but messed it up."
Me: "How the **** do you fail at putting food between bread!?"
#4Omegaweapon2005Posted 6/27/2010 11:34:02 PM
They could probably pull an Apple and make the majority of the 3DS a battery (see, iPad) and make the logic board incredibly tiny.

I don't see Nintendo doing that however, every handheld they've made has had user-replaceable batteries.
---
PSN: Animus_
Backloggery: http://backloggery.com/noxcoma
#5L0L_FAQ(Topic Creator)Posted 6/28/2010 4:49:45 AM
Couldn't they just do both? You know, maybe have the whole bottom of the 3DS come out and then the battery can easily pop out?
---
Project Gotham Racing --- "Your toast has been burnt, and no amount of scraping can remove the black parts!" -Caboose, Red vs Blue
#6MizuhoChamaPosted 6/28/2010 4:58:36 AM
I wouldn't mind something to clip on that increases battery life a lot. I bought something like that for my GBC and it worked great.
---
Om nom nom
Pokemon HG - 2880 1986 1235
#7nonexistingheroPosted 6/28/2010 5:02:22 AM

From: Super Jumper Mario2 | Posted: 6/28/2010 9:13:50 AM | #003
Yeah I could see it going for 22 hours on lowest settings, any wireless functions off, in stand by/sleep mode.

Otherwise, just give me 6 hours on brightest settings and I'm happy.

Sleep mode lasts for weeks... months maybe, even. It's prolly 22 hours with the 3D turned off, wireless turned off and lowest brightness and sound settings.

6 hours with all of that turned on. Difference could be that big because the 3D could require a lot more power. Anyway, I'll prolly play with 3D on, and medium sound and brightness, and wireless turned off... guessing I could get 10-12 hours out of it.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#8L0L_FAQ(Topic Creator)Posted 6/28/2010 5:07:17 AM
Do you think that 3D would really eat up that much power? I personally don't think so, this chipset has been made specifica;;y to handle 3D, unlike the PS3's impromptu 3D support.
---
#9mrfatcatPosted 6/28/2010 5:48:42 AM
The 3D is not what will eat up power. Remember, it's just another screen made so only one eye will see it. It will not eat up very much power.

---
Advertising a MMO: Minecraft.net
It there a problem?
#10ozfunghiPosted 6/28/2010 7:11:50 AM
The fact that the hardware has to do most calculations twice though, does require a lot of power.

---
***The Kid is in rare form tonight***
/////////////www.doublegum.be/////////////