New 3DS Update: battery life to be 22 hours, HOLY CRAP

#41ozfunghiPosted 7/2/2010 7:15:20 PM
It's the way they designed it, true, but that doesn't mean the hardware doesn't have to do double the work since it is outputting 2 DIFFERENT images instead of one. Which is what your original statement was, and just confirmed to still support (by arguing you weren't contradicting yourself). You said it definitely didn't have to do ANYTHING twice. You were seriously wrong. That is what this is about. And the fact that you are beating around the bush instead of admitting it is only getting tiresome.

---
***The Kid is in rare form tonight***
/////////////www.doublegum.be/////////////
#42Sarick_LyrePosted 7/2/2010 7:29:31 PM
While I could admit I often use a poor choice of words, I still wasn't wrong in what I was trying to say. I'd argue that you're also using poor choice of words if we're trying to come to a conclusion to this argument as well.

but that doesn't mean the hardware doesn't have to do double the work since it is outputting 2 DIFFERENT images instead of one

See if you keep saying it like that you'll end up in a lot of debates. The hardware is doing the work that Nintendo designed it to do, it isn't like inferior hardware struggling to do more than it should. It's not as much double the work to get 400 x 240, but rather designed to split the potential. I suppose you could argue its a half-glass full/empty argument we've been having.
#43ozfunghiPosted 7/3/2010 3:22:08 AM
Ok, Having to render 2 different images at the same time, is indeed part of the design. But it doesn't take away the fact that it has to do it and has to consume more power as opposed to when it wouldn't (which is what this topic is about). So i don't see how you can still argue the fact that you were partly correct (especially your first post reeks of missinformation). But anyway, i have no ambition to continue this debate. You obviously have your strange ways of interpreting facts.

---
***The Kid is in rare form tonight***
/////////////www.doublegum.be/////////////