They should really try to bring back "Tales of" with this.

#1PlatinumAcePosted 6/28/2010 7:40:38 AM
Seems like a good opportunity to me, with all the other remakes and ports coming along for the 3DS. If they were to do this, i think there are 2 obvious options that they have:

1) Remake Tales of Symphonia. with all the new power of the 3DS, it could definitely handle this huge game. they could put in all the extra features and stuff (costumes, hi-ougi's, etc) that came with the PS2 version. also maybe revamp character models (or just keep the chibi models) for battle and the overworld. touch screen minigames possibly? and of course the 3D to top it off

2) Port/Remake one of the Tales games for DS to the 3DS. They never made it to the US, so this could be a good time to give it a shot. From what i know, Tempest was terrible, so forget that one, but Innocence and Hearts looked great. they could tack on some extra features to help sell it as well.

IMO, the option that seems most likely is Symphonia 3DS. From past experience, they know we like it. its what got me into the series (though its one of the only ones ive played, ill admit), and its arguably THE best RPG to hit the Gamecube. remaking it would probably bring back some old fans who played it before, and also new people that never got to try it.

thoughts?
---
Top ******* Percentage.
#2Lelouch71Posted 6/28/2010 8:05:27 AM
You are under the impression that Namdai actually cares about their western Tales fans. They kept most of their 2D, handheld, Graces, and enhanced ports in Japan. Now the Tales studio is in debt.
---
"There is nothing either good or evil, but thinking makes it so"
#3PlatinumAce(Topic Creator)Posted 6/28/2010 8:15:49 AM
under the impression? learn to read. i said that the DS games never made it here, i am also aware that Graces, Vesperia PS3, and Symphonia PS2 never made it here, along with other titles. why do you think i said "bring back"? and why do you think i proposed symphonia? again, read the topic. its one of the few games that they released here that they KNOW did well, and would probably do so again.

and yes, i just learned about the the debt thing. but all of that is besides the point. that doesnt mean that it still wouldnt be cool if they did one of the things i mentioned in the opening post, or that others would like it as well.

nowhere did i mention that "they care about us" or that this WILL happen.
---
Top ******* Percentage.
#4godplaysSNESPosted 6/28/2010 8:17:38 AM
There is actually a fan translation being done for Tales of Innocence if you are interested
---
Super Mario Kart is the single best Mario Kart ever!
#5DAVID_KINGPosted 6/28/2010 8:23:19 AM
IMO, most of the tales games just weren't very good and I don't really care for any 3DS versions.
#6teh1337gosuPosted 6/28/2010 8:33:52 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#7AccrovideogamesPosted 6/28/2010 9:01:08 AM
I totally agree. I'm a big fan of Namco Tales games and I'm pretty sad that most of them haven't been localized. They would make a ton of money with fans like me because I would buy them all. There isn't a lot of franchises that I'm a big fan like that. In no particular order, I'm crazy about Mario, Sonic, Final Fantasy, Mega Man, Resident Evil, Phantasy Star and Namco Tales. Titles I'm not interested in buying from these franchises are quite rare.
---
I'm French speaking.
Attention to PC gamers: www.reclaimyourgame.com/
#8Lelouch71Posted 6/28/2010 10:03:35 AM
nowhere did i mention that "they care about us" or that this WILL happen.

I did read your post. Nowhere in your post did you say it probably won't happen or it just wishful thinking either. It would be great if they ported some of their games over and brought it to the US/EU. I just know not to expect anything from Namdai. Also my apologies if I came across as a jerk.
---
"There is nothing either good or evil, but thinking makes it so"
#9TheDarkNerdPosted 6/28/2010 10:08:32 AM
I'm slowly losing more and more hope in Namdai ever caring about Western Tales of fans again. Hell, the reason I bought a 360 was for the Vesperia beta.
---
http://i39.tinypic.com/xnar69.gif
#10supershadowsagaPosted 6/28/2010 10:17:42 AM
Namdai has forced me to learn Japanese. I really lost faith when they didn't even bring the ps3 version of tales over here.
---
http://www.vgshuffle.com
What!? My diviner is resonating!