Something I wouldn't mind seeing.

#1MetroidJunkiePosted 6/28/2010 11:47:30 AM
The ability to use the 3DS as a makeshift 3D computer monitor or atleast have the ability to view Youtube videos for the 3D effect they're implementing. We'll probably never see anything like this, though, or atleast in the official sense.
#2Steve2911Posted 6/28/2010 1:54:21 PM
Well the YouTube videos would have to be filmed and produced with the 3DS's tech in mind. Would be cool though.
---
"OBJECTION! That was... objectionable!"
#3TimohtepPosted 6/28/2010 3:18:20 PM

Well the YouTube videos would have to be filmed and produced with the 3DS's tech in mind. Would be cool though.

I disagree. 3D youtube videos already come with an image for each eye. The 3DS could split those images up itself.
---
"Take about 5 dozen eggs, start puttin' 'em in a bowl, mix the **** out of 'em, and what do you get?"
Friend Codes in Profile
#4SatarackPosted 6/28/2010 3:29:13 PM

I disagree. 3D youtube videos already come with an image for each eye. The 3DS could split those images up itself.

You have to select what format you want Youtube to display those videos. Youtube doesn't know you're watching on a 3DS, so it won't automatically adjust. And if Youtube doesn't have a compatible format with the 3DS, then it won't work. I believe the 3DS uses column interleave (assumption from E3 comment that said they could turn the 3DS backwards, or forwards, and still get the 3D, but not if they turned it side to side), and as far as I know, Youtube has row interleave, but not column interleave. Either way, they are likely to add new 3D formats, especially if people demand it; and I have a feeling that it wouldn't be too hard to add a compatible format for the 3DS.
---
Would the 3DS be too classy to take to the toilet?
#5TimohtepPosted 6/28/2010 3:31:25 PM

it wouldn't be too hard to add a compatible format for the 3DS.

Yeah. I'm assuming YouTube would play along and help out.
---
"Take about 5 dozen eggs, start puttin' 'em in a bowl, mix the **** out of 'em, and what do you get?"
Friend Codes in Profile
#6K3wlnessPosted 6/28/2010 3:50:34 PM
You don't need a special video camera or anything to produce a 3D image - the video editing software does that. So I don't see why most YouTube videos won't be in 3D after the 3DS comes out! :D
#7TimohtepPosted 6/28/2010 3:51:11 PM

You don't need a special video camera or anything to produce a 3D image

Yes you do.
---
Friend Codes in Profile