How do the extra pixels work?

#1MetroidJunkiePosted 6/29/2010 6:28:38 AM
When the 3D effect is disabled, do the pixels simply stop bending towards a specific eye, giving the 800x240 resolution or do half of the pixels effectively disable, giving a standard 400x240?
#2Tweak5489Posted 6/29/2010 6:40:23 AM
Well the depth is created by giving each eye a different image.. I imagine that turning the slider right down will just make both the images exactly the same, making it appear completely flat..

From what i understand I think all the depth slider will do is move the 2 cameras that each image is rendered from further or closer apart.. the minimum distance apart would be 0 i think so the 2 cameras would be in teh same place and see the same image..

I might be completely out of course..
#3TheDarkNerdPosted 6/29/2010 9:32:40 AM

I imagine that turning the slider right down will just make both the images exactly the same, making it appear completely flat..

But then moving the 3DS to the side would still cause a double image.
---
http://i39.tinypic.com/xnar69.gif
#4Tweak5489Posted 6/29/2010 9:45:22 AM
Well the double image only appears because the two images are different... If its the same for each eye you wouldnt see a double image...
#5poompaPosted 6/29/2010 9:52:58 AM
"But then moving the 3DS to the side would still cause a double image."

I don't think this would be the case. When the 3D slider is turned off, wont the image be entirely flat because there is only one? (As opposed to when the slider is turned on, there will be two images that the eyes process simultaneously as one.) I imagine the two distinct images get closer and closer as you turn down the slider until eventually there is only one flat image.
#6MetroidJunkie(Topic Creator)Posted 6/29/2010 1:35:23 PM
In other words, the pixels will take on the same color as pixels around it and appear to have gotten bigger, or something?