Its a shame that the resolution on the top screen is so poor.

#1Sonic01864Posted 6/29/2010 11:33:11 AM
It seems like most of the graphical improvement is going to be lost because of the poor resolution. The only game we've seen in motion so far of course is Kid Icarus. But I would assume they're putting their best stuff out there. I'm sure that this is a cost thing because of what the top screen actually has to do. But its still a shame that so much quality is lost to it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7detDcmMKY#t=35s

Around that point we start to see actual gameplayish stuff.

Of course one thing to consider here is that the 3DS screen will probably be smaller than the youtube window and maybe the pixels being more compressed will make the jagged edges less noticeable. But I guess we won't know until demo units hit stores.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site.
#2TheUltimateStarPosted 6/29/2010 11:34:28 AM
It still looks amazing.

If you want to complain, talk about the 0.3 megapixel cameras. Jeez.
#3IfOnlyForOncePosted 6/29/2010 11:35:05 AM
Yeah, those jaggies will probably not show up on the 3DS' screen. Also, the 3DS will apparently support anti-aliasing, which will make it even better if it is not already fixed by the fact that it has 3D depth.
---
Get smashed, gate crash!
#4Sonic01864(Topic Creator)Posted 6/29/2010 11:35:50 AM
It still looks amazing.

If you want to complain, talk about the 0.3 megapixel cameras. Jeez.

I wouldn't call it amazing. It looks good. And .3 megapixels is fine for what those camera will be used for. .3 megapixels is what most netbooks have installed and its perfectly functional for normal use.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site.
#5ShibutoPosted 6/29/2010 11:37:38 AM
Because when something does not have a 1080p on it, it automatically sucks right?
---
No I mean the mana warrior that uses mana and not that red stuff -Gimeacent
#6TheUltimateStarPosted 6/29/2010 11:38:05 AM
I wouldn't call it amazing. It looks good. And .3 megapixels is fine for what those camera will be used for. .3 megapixels is what most netbooks have installed and its perfectly functional for normal use.

I'm sure that the function that most people are sold on is the 3D. The good graphics are just a bonus, but not the main selling point.

Imagine Dementium 3 in 3D!!!!!
#7Sonic01864(Topic Creator)Posted 6/29/2010 11:40:45 AM
Because when something does not have a 1080p on it, it automatically sucks right?

Wow you're totally missing the point. Stop taking offense to it. I'm just saying an upped resolution does wonders for graphics esp when jagged edges are so evident in what we've seen so far. I'm not saying it needs to be HD. In fact HD on a screen that size would be silly. I'm just saying a better resolution on the top screen would solve the jagged issues we're seeing.
---
#8IfOnlyForOncePosted 6/29/2010 11:42:32 AM
I'm really hoping that the supposed anti-aliasing is true.
---
Get smashed, gate crash!
#9Sonic01864(Topic Creator)Posted 6/29/2010 11:43:40 AM
I'm really hoping that the supposed anti-aliasing is true.

Or this even a software solution that didn't add to hardware costs would be awesome.
---
#10ShibutoPosted 6/29/2010 11:44:12 AM

---
No I mean the mana warrior that uses mana and not that red stuff -Gimeacent