So uh, fingerprints...

#1doomedchocolatePosted 6/29/2010 1:07:17 PM
3DS haz them? or not? DS Lite is a fingerprint magnet. Has any journalist commented on this?
#2araj60667Posted 6/29/2010 1:07:49 PM
stylus. /topic
#3Megaman OmegaPosted 6/29/2010 1:13:53 PM
You will look at the top screen most of the time so it's not that bad. I also hope the final version won't be glossy to reduce fingerprints.
---
Official Vaporeon of the B/W Boards
Proud member of M.U.K.
#4corbie33(VIP)Posted 6/29/2010 1:16:52 PM
The 3DS demo units they had at E3 were glossy and they had TONS of fingerprints on them. Of course given how many people had handled them, it's no wonder. I'm hoping they give the final unit a more matte finish like the DSi, but who knows.
---
Downloads Editor - Nintendo Life
http://www.nintendolife.com
#5doomedchocolate(Topic Creator)Posted 6/29/2010 1:18:42 PM
I hope so as well.. it's a bit annoying how they're back and forth with this. One minute it's matte, the next it's glossy. Does matte cost more money to produce?
#6X-02Posted 6/29/2010 1:19:58 PM
The 3DS demo units they had at E3 were glossy and they had TONS of fingerprints on them. Of course given how many people had handled them, it's no wonder. I'm hoping they give the final unit a more matte finish like the DSi, but who knows.

lol, you make the 3DS sound like a whore. :P
---
~Exxy
\)icariously I live while the whole world dies! >:3
#7PhantomPuppetPosted 6/29/2010 1:20:11 PM
Sadly yes, it's a fingerprint magnet
---
Sig will change once I buy a PSP with Birth by Sleep. Yeah, I'm that determined! >:D
#8silver knuxPosted 6/29/2010 1:30:16 PM
I don't mind a glossy outside, but I prefer a matte inside. Sure you'll still get fingerprints on the glossy parts but they're unnoticeable when playing and if you want to show it off to somebody you can easy wipe the fingerprints off.
---
Wielder of the Legendary Halberd of Noobpwnage+3
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v176/silvex/Photos/Lego/SuperGate.png
#9samimckeePosted 6/29/2010 1:41:00 PM
Am I the only one who prefers the glossiness? Same story with the PS3, I far the glossy one.
When I first tried out the DSi, the matte just made it feel cheaper, I don't know why. :P
---
So bad, not even Naruto would believe it.
PSN ID- Webshot64
#10Megaman OmegaPosted 6/30/2010 2:23:50 AM

Am I the only one who prefers the glossiness? Same story with the PS3, I far the glossy one.
When I first tried out the DSi, the matte just made it feel cheaper, I don't know why. :P

Well, a PS3 is something different because it's a stationary console and you don't have to touch it all the time.
---
Official Vaporeon of the B/W Boards
Proud member of M.U.K.