So uh, fingerprints...

#11ImGanondorfLolPosted 6/30/2010 4:04:32 AM
I never saw any finger prints or scratches when the DS lite was on.
---
My signature is
two lines long.
#12d0wnerPosted 6/30/2010 4:13:52 AM
I really hope they don't use a high gloss finish. Absolutely hated it on the Lite. DSi and DSi XL make me hopeful.
---
floating upon the surface for the birds.
#13Meltdown1988Posted 6/30/2010 3:36:06 PM
Never notice fingerprints on my Lite either. I don't know what everyone is complaining about when it comes to this.
---
Here lies bones. My bones. Your bones. Bone's bones. Bone bone bone.
#14MasterOtenkoPosted 6/30/2010 3:37:34 PM
stylus. /topic

How the hell do you hold the system with a stylus?
---
Unyu! Unya!
#15Sir_EdwardPosted 6/30/2010 5:03:03 PM
Finger prints on the outside really aren't a problem... the system would be wiped clean when you put it in your pocket.

I'd prefer the glossy finish way more than matte. A matte finish just doesn't look as sexy, it reminds me of the old consoles, it makes it look cheaper in my opinion. I was in love with the reflective properties in the color they had for the other 3DSs.

I heard a story a few months ago of a scientist who invented a clear micro-coating that erases glare, is scratch proof (not resistant. Proof.), and is fingerprint proof. I'm wondering why companies aren't working on getting that on their systems, or at least the screens.
---
If you believe in the Flying Spaghetti Monster and are 100% proud of it post this as your signature
#16PwNeRsHaTePosted 6/30/2010 5:52:11 PM

I heard a story a few months ago of a scientist who invented a clear micro-coating that erases glare, is scratch proof (not resistant. Proof.), and is fingerprint proof. I'm wondering why companies aren't working on getting that on their systems, or at least the screens.

Nothing can be "proof", only resistant.
#17Sir_EdwardPosted 6/30/2010 9:54:21 PM
Right, when they say proof of course they don't mean you can take a steak knife to it. What they mean is if you drop it or something it'd be just fine. Still very impressive and it'd be certainly worth using on something like this.
---
If you believe in the Flying Spaghetti Monster and are 100% proud of it post this as your signature
#18Beck225Posted 6/30/2010 10:00:53 PM
I whole-heartedly believe Glossiness is the way to go with this for one reason. Gamers like to snack during sessions, and I don't mean very clean snacks. This will encourage people to either:

A.) Snack on Veggie Sticks
B.) Not snack and eat before you play
C.) Snack with some kind of eating Utensil (not likely)
or
D.) When snacking, actually have legitimate ways to cleaning your hands afterwards, this doesn't include wiping hands on pants or the couch you are sitting on.

And this is definitely not a bad thing for the gaming industry!

Personally, the DSi has made me a cleaner person because of it because I hate fingerprints, and the cleanliness has carried over onto console gaming and controllers grease free.
---
PSN: Beck225
Add me, I need friends, please be my friend, I am fun.
#19typs_lik_disPosted 7/1/2010 12:37:07 AM
glossiness is good, the figner prints make it look wordlly and used
---
member of the sam jackson alliance
maybe even the president ^m i rite