Launch Titles

#11frogman_295Posted 6/29/2010 8:16:49 PM
frdfrdyes, I can just about guarantee you Nintendo will not have 6 games at launch. I'm guessing Kid Icarus and a casual title "nintendogs", maybe an N64 remake if thrown in if we are lucky.
#12Hyrulesaver123Posted 6/29/2010 8:48:12 PM
So you're claiming out of the 20+ games they announced only 3 will be launch titles? Ya I bet.
---
Not changing this sig until the the CoD:MW2 cliff hanger is relieved (IE Makarov dies)
Gamertag: one2many104; Currently playing: CoD:MW2
#13frogman_295Posted 6/29/2010 9:03:44 PM
No, 2-3 first party titles. I'm sure there will be some 3rd party stuff thrown in, and some shovelware as well. I just don't think it would make sense to unload Mario Kart, Animal Crossing, Star Fox 64, OoT 64, Kid Icarus and Nintendogs on launch day. Has Nintendo ever done this?
#14killer_chaosPosted 6/29/2010 9:22:20 PM
I just don't think it would make sense to unload Mario Kart, Animal Crossing, Star Fox 64, OoT 64, Kid Icarus and Nintendogs on launch day. Has Nintendo ever done this?

No, because the games as a whole wouldn't sell too well unless everyone in the world had money. First-party games are usually released alone for the simple reason people have the time to save up and buy every single first-party game. People keep saying that they want all of these first-party launch titles, but I have a question: Will you be able to buy them all on launch? The answer is most likely no, that you'll have to wait a while for money to buy each one. So why not instead use that time people save money to improve on a game for 2 weeks or something.

I think there should only be Nintendogs+Cats for the casual casuals, OoT 3D for old-school hardcore, and Kid Icarus for new-school hardcore. If the 3DS comes out in November, expect Mario Kart and/or Star Fox 64 3D to come before Christmas.
---
"Quick Change is my favorite partner." ~LightningYoshi
XBL Gamertag: thegamer1281
#15MonkeymascotPosted 6/29/2010 9:24:59 PM
No its not...

Unless it comes out in less than two months, it's months away.
#16TheUltimateStarPosted 6/29/2010 9:35:51 PM
Along with Kid Icarus, I expect Nintendogs, and Mario Kart to come out.
#17Sarick_LyrePosted 6/29/2010 10:06:15 PM
Kid Icarus: Uprising, Nintendogs + Cats, Steel Diver, Pilotwings and maybe Star Fox.

Those are the only first party titles with any chance at all of being released at launch. Though I do have some hope for Paper Mario. Each of those games are the only ones at least shown to be closed to finished. The rest are completely in early development. Of course it is worth mentioning that not all of those will be launch titles, but they are the only ones remotely possible in being so.

Seriously, Mario Kart, Animal Crossing, Paper Mario and Ocarina of Time are really unlikely to be launch titles. In fact every time someone says Ocarina of Time I honestly can't take them seriously, it's pretty much shown to be far from finished, and the way Nintendo have talked about it has always been like it is still a project in early development where things are far from finished.

People have had great points just ruined with the mention "Ocarina of Time will be a launch title". It really won't be.
#18Sir_EdwardPosted 6/30/2010 9:08:31 AM
This is a brand new generation of handhelds, there's going to be more than 3 or 4 games at launch.
---
If you believe in the Flying Spaghetti Monster and are 100% proud of it post this as your signature
#19trenkenPosted 6/30/2010 9:11:07 AM
"Super Mario 64 DS was also shown as a tech demo..."

It was playable when it was shown, MGS was not, which means it is a very long way from being done.
#20ShadowHogPosted 6/30/2010 9:19:11 AM
It was playable when it was shown, MGS was not, which means it is a very long way from being done.
It's really not hard to hardcode a working game to play a mere demo instead, y'know.

Does that mean the game IS, in fact, at a fairly complete state? No. It's just to point out we really know nothing either way. I certainly don't expect to see it at launch, though it'd be one killer-app if it were.