Can people really be this dumb?

#11sumweeabooPosted 6/30/2010 4:00:02 PM
How ironic...
---
#12phisho873Posted 6/30/2010 4:43:43 PM
What no one has mentioned yet is that the business year (what is technically called the fiscal year) runs from April-March. So when Reggie says "by March 2011" he just means "by the end of the 2010 fiscal year."

Holidays, guys. No reason for it not to.
---
Shut up.
http://blaremagazine.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/lights.jpg
#13axl999Posted 6/30/2010 4:48:30 PM
What no one has mentioned yet is that the business year (what is technically called the fiscal year) runs from April-March. So when Reggie says "by March 2011" he just means "by the end of the 2010 fiscal year."

Holidays, guys. No reason for it not to.
---

Also the fact that it's tapping into the 3D craze (glasses free no less) and it's the only console being released this holiday will really let nintendo clean up.
---
the latest in bosco-tech innovation
pokemon diamond fc-4640-0413-4980
#14typs_lik_disPosted 7/1/2010 2:36:18 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#15gransPosted 7/1/2010 6:11:42 AM

yea a lot of people are really dumb. have you seen this board?? LMAO

Yeah, i have. Looks like you're a good example of people being dumb on this board, hence this topic-
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/997614-3ds/55417402
---
NEVER judge a game you have not played.
-Granville
#16Sirian_HawkPosted 7/1/2010 8:37:35 AM
I don't know. I tend to believe that Reggie's response was accurate. Some rep for Nintendo coming out after and denouncing it doesn't mean anything. Nintendo is deliberately being secretive about the release date. This is most likely for two reasons:
1. They don't want to commit to anything yet just in case something happens (good or bad)
2. They want to build anticipation (hype)

Think about it. Right now you come to these boards and check to see if there is any new information. You probably do this every day because you really want to know as soon as it happens. Now if you suddenly got an official confirmation of a release date in say February, what reason would you have to keep coming? None. You would think to yourself "Okay I got 7 months to go so I am going to go play my others games to kill time until it arrives. You pay less attention to it and your anticipation wanes.

However, if you spend the next 3 months drooling over it and then find out, you have already worked yourself into a frenzy over it. You have gone online to post about it and have talked to others about it and have just served to build the hype.

Now as far as the statements go, Reggie was caught off guard and responded without thinking. That means his response was genuine. He didn't think to calculate a statement. He just answered. That was the truth as far as he knew it. The Nintendo rep on the other hand released a pre-planned statement. It was thought out and calculated to give a desired effect. Of the two, the statement made by Reggie is the most likely to be real.

Thankfully, condition 1 (at the start of my post) allows for Reggie to be wrong if something good happens, which allows the possibility for the 3DS to still make it out earlier. Here's hoping.
---
"Great modem of mercy! Cover the children's eyes!" "There are no children here." "Then move your fat head. I can't see!" ~Futurama