I'm pretty sure I saw metroid in one of the hand-on vids...

#1nickiohhPosted 7/1/2010 9:07:47 AM
but it's not in da game list... :/

or I didn't see it?
---
Currently Playing - SRWOGs, SRW@2, GoW3, and DoA P
#2frogman_295Posted 7/1/2010 9:12:33 AM
I saw it too. It just showed a rotating view of Samus, who looked identical to Metroid Prime Samus.
#3xWazManxPosted 7/1/2010 9:12:52 AM
i think it was the trailer for other m just to show of the 3ds graphics
---
Carpenter of the Metroid: Other M Board
Double agent spy of the Zelda Wii (working title) Board
(the name will not change)
#4turoklordPosted 7/1/2010 10:04:01 AM
I also saw pikmin in one of them. Also not on the games list.
---
Go Oilers!!
#5gransPosted 7/1/2010 10:25:40 AM
What you saw was a tech demo of various scenes and characters from Nintendo games including Mario, Metroid, Pikmin, and Zelda. The demo was basically presented as a static screen but had real time 3D models. You could control the camera in the frozen areas, kind of like how you can pause in the Smash Bros games and rotate the view. Zelda even has some animation for Link. The demo was basically to give a simple presentation of the graphical capabilities of the system and to show how the 3D effect works.

Here's a video of the demo-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eot0xCG08Gc
---
NEVER judge a game you have not played.
-Granville
#6gransPosted 7/1/2010 10:27:35 AM
I wanted to mention that although it's almost certain we'll get new games from most of those demos they showed off, just due to it being a new Nintendo system and using common sense, nothing has been announced in terms of games. We've got Zelda OOT 3D of course, but besides that, nada. This was a tech demo, not a game demo.
---
NEVER judge a game you have not played.
-Granville
#7Secret_starfallPosted 7/1/2010 10:54:19 AM
What most people think...those were demos of the games.

THOSE WERE NOT. They were 3D images of various scenes that allowed you to rotate and view all of the unique features. They had a mario scene which looked up to Gamecube, if not wii, quality.