anyone here think the lack of GBA port is a setback?

#1koopatroopa1015Posted 7/1/2010 9:51:03 PM
I actually used my DS Lite to play GBA games every so often. I'll be trading it in, and my GBA doesn't really work all that great...
---
Falling down is not failure; not standing back up is.
A bird in the hand is worth one hundred in the air.
#2ToastIsWooshPosted 7/1/2010 9:52:25 PM
NO! GBA is dead, face it. If you wanna play it so bad, get something that plays GBA games.
---
http://i48.tinypic.com/2ztiy2w.jpg
http://i45.tinypic.com/332vyw6.jpg
#3Blight_DemonPosted 7/1/2010 9:53:09 PM
Eh, I don't plan on trading my DS Lite in for anything because I love being able to play GBA games.
---
http://www.usmilitia.webs.com
#4ShadowRaskolnikPosted 7/1/2010 9:54:59 PM
Not really, the only reason the original DS and the DS lite had it was so the audience of the Game Boy can easily shift towards the new handheld. If you want a system that can play GBA games just keep your DS lite.
#5gransPosted 7/1/2010 9:57:48 PM
For DSi where the added features that they replaced GBA with, yes it was a very poor setback. But here, not at all. They finally made a bunch of good replacement features for the GBA slot.
---
NEVER judge a game you have not played.
-Granville
#6Hyrulesaver123Posted 7/1/2010 9:58:57 PM
No I'll be too busy playing my epic 3DS games.

Not to mention a 3DS VC is very likely and it will probably include GB, GBC, GBA, Nes, SNES, and MAYBE N64.
---
Not changing this sig until the the CoD:MW2 cliff hanger is relieved (IE Makarov dies)
Gamertag: one2many104; Currently playing: CoD:MW2
#7Link3Posted 7/1/2010 10:03:34 PM
GB, GBC, GBA I can see, maybe even Game Gear and Neo Geo Pocket Color, but I feel like they'd probably leave the consoles to the console Virtual Console. They already have NES, SNES, and N64 on the Wii virtual console. 3DS would probably have a "Virtual Handheld" of sorts. I could be wrong, of course.

And all this is assuming they'll even have a Virtual Console-like store for 3DS, which I'd say is far from certain.

---
#8KayubePosted 7/1/2010 10:06:02 PM
Hopefully they'll just make a Virtual Handheld.
---
Animal Crossing: CF- 1590-8597-1715
Tendo in Eureka
#9koopatroopa1015(Topic Creator)Posted 7/1/2010 10:25:24 PM
If I had to sacrifice my GBA games, so be it. Besides, the only game I'd really want to keep is Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga. Maybe Super Mario World, but there's a chance that's being remade. If a handheld VC is confirmed for this system I would not worry about keeping any GBA equipment.
---
Falling down is not failure; not standing back up is.
A bird in the hand is worth one hundred in the air.
#10IfOnlyForOncePosted 7/1/2010 10:27:39 PM
This topic reminds me that if one owns a 3DS and a Gameboy Advance SP, said person will be able to play every generation of Nintendo's handheld games. Nifty!

Erm, unless the 3DS can't play that one DSi-exclusive cartridge, Monster Finder. I can't see why it wouldn't though.
---
Get smashed, gate crash!