anyone here think the lack of GBA port is a setback?

#51typs_lik_disPosted 7/3/2010 9:01:34 PM

Because you could be playing new, advanced games instead of living in the past with outdated tech. Besides, you don't have to sell your DS.

gameplay isnt outdated unless u a graphics wh***

Cartridges tend to be designed differently and have no standard format back then.

they look pretty the same
---
member of the sam jackson alliance
maybe even the president ^m i rite
#52leeko_linkPosted 7/3/2010 9:37:54 PM
"The Gameboy line died, when its creator died. Aslong as the creators dead, they wont be bringing it back, DS is Nintendos new Gameboy."

Partially true except for the part about the dead creator. The Game Boy line still lived for another 10-13 years after the death of its original creator in 1997. In total game support lifespan, the Game Boy line had being around for at least 20 years a.k.a. 2 decades.

All dates refer to NA releases:

1989 - Launch of the original Game Boy
1990 - More Game Boy games being released
1994 - Super Game Boy debut for Super NES
1995 - Nintendo introduced the "Play It Loud" series of Game Boy handhelds advertised as "Portable Power!"
1996 - Game Boy Pocket debut, Gunpei Yokoi quit Nintendo after the unsuccess flop of the Virtual Boy and later went to work with Bandai to create the Wonder Swan handheld, a competitor to the Game Boy line.
1997 - The death of Gunpei Yokoi (09/41 - 10/97, he was 57), original creator of the Game and Watch handhelds, the Game Boy line, and the Wonder Swan.
1998 - Game Boy Light and Super Game Boy 2 released only in Japan, launch of the Game Boy Color.
2000 - Nintendo bundled the N64 Transfer Pak with Pokemon Stadium's released, only both Pokemon Stadium games support the transfer pak which transfer data between the Pokemon GB gams to the N64 games.
2001 - Launch of the Game Boy Advance, the last Game Boy/Super Game Boy compatible title(Dragon Quest Monsters 2 for Game Boy Color) released ending the support for the original GB.
2002 - Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets being the last Game Boy Color exclusive games to be release ending the Game Boy Color support.
2003 - Debut of the Game Boy Advance SP and the Game Boy Player
2006 - Debut of the Game Boy Micro, also a brighter GBA SP is released.
2008 - Samurai Deeper Kyo being the final Game Boy Advance game released ending GBA support thereafter.
#53wiiowns7Posted 7/3/2010 9:52:42 PM
Hell yeah it is, there's no way I'm trading in my old DS for this, all cash for this one, I guess.
---
red255 on an unopened copy of Earthbound going for $1k
But you have to admit an unopened girlfriend is worth more right?
#54I_am_AaronPosted 7/3/2010 9:55:38 PM
I don't think it's a set back, especially if it means we get to see a Virtual Console for the 3DS which has GB/GBC/GBA games.

But even back with the DS, with any iteration, I hated playing GBA games on it. So much so that I ended up buying a Micro to play them on. So not having a GBA port is no loss, at least for me.
---
Re-experience everything with the 3DS.
#55typs_lik_disPosted 7/3/2010 9:58:50 PM

"The Gameboy line died, when its creator died. Aslong as the creators dead, they wont be bringing it back, DS is Nintendos new Gameboy."

Partially true except for the part about the dead creator. The Game Boy line still lived for another 10-13 years after the death of its original creator in 1997. In total game support lifespan, the Game Boy line had being around for at least 20 years a.k.a. 2 decades.

All dates refer to NA releases:

1989 - Launch of the original Game Boy
1990 - More Game Boy games being released
1994 - Super Game Boy debut for Super NES
1995 - Nintendo introduced the "Play It Loud" series of Game Boy handhelds advertised as "Portable Power!"
1996 - Game Boy Pocket debut, Gunpei Yokoi quit Nintendo after the unsuccess flop of the Virtual Boy and later went to work with Bandai to create the Wonder Swan handheld, a competitor to the Game Boy line.
1997 - The death of Gunpei Yokoi (09/41 - 10/97, he was 57), original creator of the Game and Watch handhelds, the Game Boy line, and the Wonder Swan.
1998 - Game Boy Light and Super Game Boy 2 released only in Japan, launch of the Game Boy Color.
2000 - Nintendo bundled the N64 Transfer Pak with Pokemon Stadium's released, only both Pokemon Stadium games support the transfer pak which transfer data between the Pokemon GB gams to the N64 games.
2001 - Launch of the Game Boy Advance, the last Game Boy/Super Game Boy compatible title(Dragon Quest Monsters 2 for Game Boy Color) released ending the support for the original GB.
2002 - Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets being the last Game Boy Color exclusive games to be release ending the Game Boy Color support.
2003 - Debut of the Game Boy Advance SP and the Game Boy Player
2006 - Debut of the Game Boy Micro, also a brighter GBA SP is released.
2008 - Samurai Deeper Kyo being the final Game Boy Advance game released ending GBA support thereafter.

u know it

Hell yeah it is, there's no way I'm trading in my old DS for this, all cash for this one, I guess.

awe yeah

I don't think it's a set back, especially if it means we get to see a Virtual Console for the 3DS which has GB/GBC/GBA games.

But even back with the DS, with any iteration, I hated playing GBA games on it. So much so that I ended up buying a Micro to play them on. So not having a GBA port is no loss, at least for me.

why you gotta hate mane, hate don't apprecaite do.
---
member of the sam jackson alliance
maybe even the president ^m i rite