Banjo Kazooie/Tooie 3DS?

#1lmnopguy7Posted 7/2/2010 3:30:08 PM
Could Nintendo remake it for the 3DS? I know Rare's owned by Microsoft, but that doesn't mean they can't consider it to be a 3rd party game, right? Heck, they can even add in Mt. Fire Eyes and Fungi Forest like they meant to. :)
---
"GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site." -CJayC
#2gransPosted 7/2/2010 3:37:55 PM
It won't happen. They've pretty much broken all ties with Rare by now. Rare even took the effort to take out any of the Banjo and Conker cameos in the rather bad Diddy Kong Racing port. If it happens, i'll be stunned. Rare is owned fully by MS btw, they're not a third party developer.

And btw, Rare isn't even that good anymore, they've fallen far from grace.
---
NEVER judge a game you have not played.
-Granville
#3MasterOtenkoPosted 7/2/2010 4:02:21 PM
Technically, they COULD, but it's very unlikely...and since, I believe, all of the original staff members of Rare left the company, I doubt they'd even be able to do the games justice.
---
Unyu! Unya!
#4DavCubePosted 7/2/2010 4:07:26 PM
I know Rare's owned by Microsoft, but that doesn't mean they can't consider it to be a 3rd party game, right?

That's not how it works, dude. Previously, Nintendo owned Rare. Now Microsoft does. 3rd parties aren't owned by any hardware producer.

There's some sort of loophole that supposedly allows for handheld releases or something, don't ask me how, it's the reason the DS got a version of Viva Pinata (Diddy Kong Racing DS doesn't count, they took out Conker and Banjo for that.)

However, what with pretty much all ties now cut and Rare being a fragile shell of what it once was, (both with its recent games being crappy and almost none of its staff from the N64 days still there) i don't find it likely to happen anyway.
---
http://backloggery.com/davcube
#5SadCubsFanPosted 7/2/2010 4:10:58 PM
Banjo is now a Microsoft property(ever heard of nuts and bolts?....) so no it can't happen
#64evermario1Posted 7/2/2010 4:13:19 PM
Just for the record, the Banjo games couldn't happen for sure, but could DK64?
#7MasterOtenkoPosted 7/2/2010 4:14:45 PM
Banjo is now a Microsoft property(ever heard of nuts and bolts?....) so no it can't happen

Ever heard of Grunty's Revenge? Or Banjo-Pilot?
---
Unyu! Unya!
#8gransPosted 7/2/2010 4:17:26 PM
DK64 could happen, but probably just won't. I think if they wanted to release DK64, they would have done so already on the Wii VC. They already did DKC trilogy on VC, but no DK64 despite there being a demand for it. Rare even commented that they were surprised it hadn't shown up already.

As for a remake, it's possible i guess. Diddy Kong Racing was remade for DS. But i really get the feeling Nintendo doesn't much like Rare anymore. Probably one of the reasons they sold them to MS, they seemed to have sensed their decline. Nintendo is buddying up with Retro studios now, it looks like they're trying a fresh start for the DK series.
---
-Granville
#9gransPosted 7/2/2010 4:19:54 PM

Ever heard of Grunty's Revenge? Or Banjo-Pilot?

Those were almost canceled actually, they were in purgatory forever. Eventually, they were only released with the publishing help of THQ. Otherwise, they would have been lost. Development for them started before Rare parted ways with Nintendo too. Banjo Pilot was actually once not even a Banjo game at all, but a Diddy Kong game.
---
-Granville
#10SadCubsFanPosted 7/2/2010 4:27:59 PM
DK is fine