Retro is the new Rare.

#1DarkShadowRagePosted 7/2/2010 8:04:52 PM
Just keep that in mind, and hopefully I'll be working for them soon once I get out of college.
Most likely as an intern, then hopefully work my way up to the 3D modeling division which is where I excel in.

In any case, just expect greatness from Retro.

They are the new Rare, they have already put out Ace Metroid Titles and did my favorite series justice.
Now they are one upping rare by bringing DKC back and making it better.

I expect Retro to give lots of love to the 3DS.
---
|Proud owner of a Nintendo Wii 04/07/07|A big time Samus Fan|Conduit name: (Shadow)
#2KrootahnPosted 7/2/2010 8:15:04 PM
Are you implying that they will eventually be bought by another company and from there start producing games of inferior quality than the ones they made for Nintendo?
#3DarkShadowRage(Topic Creator)Posted 7/2/2010 8:16:50 PM
No, i'm implying they will bring us loads of badass games.
Like rare did, Retro is filling in where Rare dropped off.
---
|Proud owner of a Nintendo Wii 04/07/07|A big time Samus Fan|Conduit name: (Shadow)
#4IntervenientPosted 7/2/2010 8:40:03 PM
Secret bragging topic
---
"EVERYONE GET DOWN HE HAS AN OPINION!" - akatsukiba
#5ShadowRaskolnikPosted 7/2/2010 8:42:49 PM
By the way, whatever happened to Rare? Are they still around?
#6NamekianClownPosted 7/2/2010 8:52:35 PM
Wow is someone out of the loop. Yes they are, they are owned by Microsoft now. Their last generally good game was Star Fox Adventures, though as a Star Fox fan I hate it because you can hardly call it a Star Fox game, and even before that their games were dropping in quality by the game. Right after that Microsoft bought them, though they have made some GBA and DS games after that too because Microsoft doesn't have a handheld in competition.

On topic: I sure hope not. It would suck if they fell as hard as Rare did.

---
Segata Sanshiro! Segata Sanshiro! Sega Saturn, Shiro!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joNwYPdEBTc
#7ShadowRaskolnikPosted 7/2/2010 8:55:23 PM
Yes, I know they were bought (or sold) to Microsoft and made a few games for them, but I haven't heard of anything else recently.
#8bladegash666Posted 7/2/2010 11:43:22 PM

Are you implying that they will eventually be bought by another company and from there start producing games of inferior quality than the ones they made for Nintendo?

---
The game isn't just a generic tps. It's more then meets the eye. What a shame. Go play your fps. - Caution24 , talking about Transformers:WFC.
#9bladegash666Posted 7/2/2010 11:44:38 PM

Yes, I know they were bought (or sold) to Microsoft and made a few games for them, but I haven't heard of anything else recently.

Good. MS now has ShovelRare making Wii sports rip offs.
---
The game isn't just a generic tps. It's more then meets the eye. What a shame. Go play your fps. - Caution24 , talking about Transformers:WFC.
#10robinhoekPosted 7/3/2010 1:18:19 AM

Secret bragging topic

This