How can Nintendo market the 3DS on tv?

#1teh1337gosuPosted 7/3/2010 1:01:05 AM
There's really no way for Nintendo to convey to consumers that the 3DS is actually 3D without glasses. GameStop stations won't work either, because all that smudging would distort the 3D effect. Maybe the thing won't sell like hotcakes at launch as a result.
---
Now playing: Deadly Creatures (Wii), Persona 4 (PS2), Shatter (PS3)
#2RockmanZeroXEXEDashPosted 7/3/2010 1:04:13 AM
Maybe the thing won't sell like hotcakes at launch as a result.

are you kidding? despite the lack of a way to demonstrate the 3-D effect this thing will sell like icewater in hell.
---
PSN: Rockmanxexe
SSBB FC: 0688 4914 5758 !
#3DiggerdudePosted 7/3/2010 1:06:23 AM
Not an issue at all.

For commercials, Nintendo can just do typical animations of stuff popping out of the screen for effect. People will get the idea. And you're exaggerating about smudges ruining things on store demo units.

---
>---Diggerdude---<
Loves handhelds: owns PSP, NDSL & many others.
#4teh1337gosu(Topic Creator)Posted 7/3/2010 1:11:22 AM
And you're exaggerating about smudges ruining things on store demo units.

100s of greasy fingers can distort the way parallax screens show the image.

Wow Diggerdude I haven't seen you since you regularly posted on the DS boards back in 2005, Remember Bendilin and Phange 2 lol? Things were different back then, the PSP looked like it would decimate the DS, and DS gamers had to cling onto Kirby Canvas Curse and Meteos to fend off PSP trolls.

Time flies.
---
#5typs_lik_disPosted 7/3/2010 1:36:37 AM
asif the ds ever had mre good games than it starrted with (roughly 010)
---
member of the sam jackson alliance
maybe even the president ^m i rite
#6Perfectchaos007Posted 7/3/2010 2:19:31 AM
Wow Diggerdude I haven't seen you since you regularly posted on the DS boards back in 2005, Remember Bendilin and Phange 2 lol? Things were different back then, the PSP looked like it would decimate the DS, and DS gamers had to cling onto Kirby Canvas Curse and Meteos to fend off PSP trolls.

Time flies.

indeed. I remember those two, especially Phange 2. Phange was such a troll. Clearly a PSP fanboy, but would come to the DS board to smash all our games. Like remember Lumines vs. Meteos? Of course Phange hated meteos and loved Lumines. I remember getting in a few long arguments with Phange. Half a decade later, and here we are. Do you remember me by chance? Nah probably not, its all good though. Diggerdude does ring a bell though, but I don't remember you 1337

---
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[ -You |||||||||||||| -See ]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]] -Colors?
#7teh1337gosu(Topic Creator)Posted 7/3/2010 2:31:29 AM
indeed. I remember those two, especially Phange 2. Phange was such a troll. Clearly a PSP fanboy, but would come to the DS board to smash all our games. Like remember Lumines vs. Meteos? Of course Phange hated meteos and loved Lumines. I remember getting in a few long arguments with Phange. Half a decade later, and here we are. Do you remember me by chance? Nah probably not, its all good though. Diggerdude does ring a bell though, but I don't remember you 1337

Bendilin and Phange both had DS's though. Phange seemed to warm up to the DS after a while. Can you blame anyone in that era for thinking the PSP was better? For me it was Kirby Canvas Curse that solidified my position on the DS, it's a phenomenal game.

I remember you too, and I can't believe it's been 5 years :) Look at how things have changed, back then the Wii wasn't even announced, Gamecube was in third place, and the DS was still a "third Pillar" to the GBA. Oh my how times have changed.

Things were exciting back then though. Although SM64:DS was the main DS board for 7 months, just about all of us played the hell out of it, waiting for some DS hope. Remember how Yoshi Touch and Go! got trolled for not being a full game. Or how about all those topics on people selling their DS's for PSP's. There was quite an exodus back then.

Good to see some DS old timers :D
---
#8Lost_Seraph09Posted 7/3/2010 2:41:14 AM
They should make something like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sN3UnhrEU6Y
#9TheDarkNerdPosted 7/3/2010 2:57:02 AM
It's like those ads for Quattro TVs!
---
http://i39.tinypic.com/xnar69.gif
#10Dark_FluxPosted 7/3/2010 4:15:41 AM
Or the sky HD adds in SD...
---
PSN ID : Dark-Flux2