THey really should make it 1 screen already

#11ClownlessPosted 7/4/2010 3:32:15 PM
If you play any console game right now you can notice a very large amount of HUD clutter all around the edges of the screen. You don't normally react to its presence and you use most of it in gameplay, but on a handheld it would take up an unacceptable amount of screen space to still be at a readable size. I've come to accept that a second screen makes a lot of sense just for this alone. My favourite games on the DS don't really use the touch feature of the lower screen, but they still make good use of it for guages, stats, ammo and maps. You almost get more viewable gameplay area on a DS than on many PSP games. A 3DS will definitely have more usable gameplay space than almost any PSP or iPhone game because of the HUD space. I'm okay with this.
#12PwNeRsHaTePosted 7/4/2010 5:47:34 PM

What I was hoping for with the 3DS was that instead of having the clamshell design, one screen would always be showing with a second that would slide out if needed. That way, everyone wins!

I dislike non-clamshell designs for handhelds. Screens more easily scratching and all.
#13SideC_H87Posted 7/4/2010 5:53:48 PM
I prefer it have the two screens. Especially the touch screen.

Even most of the games that don't use the touch screen for added functionality make good use of the extra screen real estate. The ones that only use it as a map work well too...you'd be amazed at how much you miss that map screen in some games when its gone.
---
so...I heard you liked sweet potato
#14MARl0Posted 7/4/2010 6:10:52 PM
I dislike non-clamshell designs for handhelds. Screens more easily scratching and all.

This. Clamshell design is easily superior.
---
Currently playing: Sin and Punishment 2 (Wii) / Hatsune Miku Project Diva: Dreamy Theater (PS3) / Deathsmiles (360)
#15BIGLlittlelPosted 7/4/2010 6:12:59 PM

I prefer it have the two screens. Especially the touch screen.

Even most of the games that don't use the touch screen for added functionality make good use of the extra screen real estate. The ones that only use it as a map work well too...you'd be amazed at how much you miss that map screen in some games when its gone.

Disgaea comes to mind.
---
You've got it under control?! You're grabbing a ****ing bazooka, dumbass!
~Red Mist