Confirmed Release Dates!

#41Accrovideogames(Topic Creator)Posted 7/6/2010 1:28:26 PM
The dates are obviously placeholder dates. But the price... Did Best Buy just assume the would be $40? They're just doing pre-orders on them to rake in the cash early and earn interest.
It doesn't matter if the official price is higher. If Best Buy promised you to sell to you at that price when you pre-ordered it, they must do it. That's their fault if they're losing money. Best Buy is usually honest and I respect them for that, we have strict laws concerning consumer protection where I live and Best Buy is the only specialized electronics store to follow them. EB Games is the worst there ever is, they're voluntarily breaking multiple laws. Sadly, many consumer protection laws are hardly enforced because the government is extremely lazy and incompetent. Fortunately, there was an uproar this year about it thanks to a very popular show about consumer protection whose host is a very influential journalist, and the government finally decided to take action... next Fall.
---
I'm French speaking.
Attention to PC gamers: www.reclaimyourgame.com/
#42BdowDELL222Posted 7/6/2010 3:40:56 PM
One million dollars says its not released on that day TC
#43jmeyer2039Posted 7/6/2010 3:55:53 PM
Sometimes a pre-order date is the item's release date. Sometimes, it is a placeholder date. It usually isn't hard to figure out when it's a PH, though. For instance, I put the releases of games I'm anticipating in my Windows calendar. I'll change them around from time to time as the supposed "release date" changes. Right now, though, I have 5 games scheduled to be released on December 31 in my calendar just for the heck of it, but I'm pretty sure they won't actually be coming out then - it's a Friday, New Year's Eve, and it's commonly a PH date. In fact, I have Infamous 2 and Zelda: SS down with December 31, 2011 release dates. There is virtually no way that is when they will actually be released. That's just the retailers' way of saying they're under the assumption that those games will be released sometime before 2011 ends.
#44Sirian_HawkPosted 7/6/2010 4:04:37 PM
It doesn't matter if the official price is higher. If Best Buy promised you to sell to you at that price when you pre-ordered it, they must do it. Blah blah blah... Fortunately, there was an uproar this year about it thanks to a very popular show about consumer protection whose host is a very influential journalist, and the government finally decided to take action... next Fall.

And to finally put an end to this horribly misguided belief:

"Best Buy endeavours to provide current and accurate information on the Website. However, misprints, errors, inaccuracies, omissions (including incorrect specifications for products) or other errors may sometimes occur. Best Buy cannot guarantee that products and services advertised on the Website will be available when ordered or thereafter. Best Buy does not warrant that the content of the Website including, without limitation, product descriptions or photographs, is accurate or complete.

Best Buy reserves the right to: (a) correct any error, inaccuracy or omission at any time without prior notice or liability to you or any other person; (b) change at any time the products and services advertised or made available for sale on the Website, the prices, fees, charges and specifications of such products and services, any promotional offers and any other Website content without any notice or liability to you or any other person; (c) reject, correct, cancel or terminate any order, including accepted orders for any reason and (d) limit quantities available for sale or sold."

From the BestBuy website "Conditions of Use" that you should try reading next time before posting. They can found at:

http://tinyurl.com/38fy2xv

Translation: We aren't promising ****. Use at your own risk.
---
"Great modem of mercy! Cover the children's eyes!" "There are no children here." "Then move your fat head. I can't see!" ~Futurama