Ogre battle 64

#1SlamslatePosted 7/4/2010 4:19:21 PM
Anyone else think it'd be great to get a port/remake of this game?
#2Tzuba12Posted 7/4/2010 4:23:40 PM
Whats so good about this game? I heard good things about it and i downloaded it from the wii shop channel.. and i hated it.
---
MH3: Chronos
E3 was basically Nintendo teabagging both Sony and Microsoft.
#3AkaneJonesPosted 7/4/2010 4:45:39 PM
Do you like Final Fantasy Tactics?
If not there's your answer... Ogre Battle was the series they used to make Final Fantasy Tactics. They're not really the same, but share similarities. If you don't FFT style SRPGs you would never know, why others like it. If you do like FFT I don't know what to say.
#4Slamslate(Topic Creator)Posted 7/4/2010 7:18:56 PM
The only real similarities is that they are both in the SRPG genre.

The game play is nothing alike. That said I can definitely see how some people would dislike the game. I personally dislike the way the game does battles.
#5Link3Posted 7/4/2010 11:50:28 PM
FFT is more like Tactics Ogre than Ogre Battle.

Anyway, Ogre Battle 64 is ridiculously expensive. I've seen the instruction booklet alone go for ~$70. I wouldn't mind a remake/port. Though I'd prefer a new game. I don't think there's been a new Ogre Battle game since 64, has there?

---
#6CGoblinsPosted 7/5/2010 11:55:40 AM
Wii has it on Virtual Console.

Ogre Battle was more a Real time strategy... Tactics Ogre was only translated on the PS1 Version. The SNES version is Japanese only so you'll probably never see it on the Virtual Console.

I wish though.
---
PSN: CGoblin
Currently Playing: FFXIII (PS3)/Rockband 2 and not really playing on the PSP3000 too much. Got FFVIII on the PS3 though!
#7TheNomenclaturePosted 7/5/2010 2:34:47 PM
Ogre Battle is more like Grand RTSes than FFT.
---
I have discovered things you can only dream of