Compatible w/DSi games?

#1BluBlacMHPosted 7/4/2010 10:32:59 PM
^topic. Has there been any word if this will be compatible with DSi games and the DSi downloads? I'd like a DSi but I dont see the point of buying one of those if this does the same stuff plus more.
---
3 Things to Remember:
Zelda is not an RPG, Ridley isnt too big, and Sephiroth sucks.
#2IfOnlyForOncePosted 7/4/2010 10:34:26 PM
I'm pretty sure this will run DSi games, but there are zero DSi games that are worth purchasing anyway.
---
Get smashed, gate crash!
#3TheDarkNerdPosted 7/4/2010 10:42:57 PM

I'm pretty sure this will run DSi games, but there are zero DSi games that are worth purchasing anyway.

What about that one in 3D?

. . . wait.
---
http://i39.tinypic.com/xnar69.gif
#4Gaming KingPosted 7/4/2010 11:19:49 PM
Animal Puzzle Adventure is VERY worth buying. As is Mario Clock.
---
Number of people who would "totally [censored] Penny" from Advance Wars DOR: 16
Number of little girls I need to slap in the face: 2
#5IfOnlyForOncePosted 7/5/2010 12:05:36 AM
^I will admit that I purchased Mario Clock. I use it every day, to wake up to the Mario theme. Cool.

Also, the only DSi-exclusive game cartridge is Monster Finder, and it sucks.
---
Get smashed, gate crash!
#6Sarick_LyrePosted 7/5/2010 12:52:57 AM
I really do not see DSi-ware being played on the 3DS. Not only would they have to make them available to the system, they would also need to implement another backwards compatible mode. Best not to forget that they would actually have to figure a way to transfer the information on which games were bought on the previous system.

Though maybe they could somehow get it to work together with say the exchange of friend code information that the systems already have (and surely that will be compatible given normal DS games can be played on it).

Also, the only DSi-exclusive game cartridge is Monster Finder, and it sucks.

There's actually at least four DSi exclusive cartridge games. Though I can't vouch for their entertainment value. Also they won't be compatible just because the DS games are. You have to have a completely separate backwards compatible mode for these games.
#7sebetaiPosted 7/5/2010 7:00:20 PM
the only dsi game i want is shantae.
---
All the same, I will kill you... Just you wait...I'll kill you all
I loved, i lost, and i saw boobies. what more can a man ask for?