Can I buy the original 3DS when it first comes out?

#1TeremeiPosted 7/5/2010 3:27:07 AM
I really am excited and I can't wait to play the 3DS. And I know it's going to be really fun when I first get the system and playing all those new games on a new exciting system. But something has me worried. With all the talk about future upgrades, I don't want to miss out on getting the better system.

So if I buy the 3DS at launch, and if an update happens to upgrade the system a bit be it pixel brightness or sharpness, can I still buy that and maybe use my 3DS as a trade in toward that?

I mean, if I buy a 3DS at launch, am I still able to purchase any system update in the future, or am I barred from ever being able to buy a newer version?
---
$$ soon: DQIX (ds), Trinity Universe (ps3), Arc Rise Fantasia (Wii)
#2Megaman OmegaPosted 7/5/2010 3:28:56 AM
No, if you buy the 3DS they will take your fingerprints and ban you from banning a new one, ever.
---
Official Vaporeon of the B/W Boards
Proud member of M.U.K.
#3MetroidJunkiePosted 7/5/2010 3:29:55 AM
^ lol, you shall never ban again.
#4xoftheuniversePosted 7/5/2010 3:30:23 AM
^Nooooooooooo I dun wanna have my prints on file D:
---
Sex is good, 3DS is better.
My gaming videos => http://www.youtube.com/user/xoftheuniverse
#5Megaman OmegaPosted 7/5/2010 3:30:50 AM
*buying a new one

silly me.
---
Proud member of M.U.K.
#6Teremei(Topic Creator)Posted 7/5/2010 3:33:31 AM
darn, I was affraid of something like that.

So how do all those people buy gen4 iphones. I'm sure some of them had Ipone 3g. Does apple not do the fingerprint thing like Nintendo does? This sucks. ;O
---
$$ soon: DQIX (ds), Trinity Universe (ps3), Arc Rise Fantasia (Wii)
#7Megaman OmegaPosted 7/5/2010 3:37:06 AM
Also, you will have to sign a contract when you buy your 3DS that doesn't allow you to buy a different Nintendo console for 3 years, not even the Wii's successor. You may buy one 3DS game per month, up to 5 per year.
---
Proud member of M.U.K.
#8ArcFan10000Posted 7/5/2010 3:42:32 AM
I always, almost always wait. Never buy a console at launch, wait til the market gets satuarated with games first.
---
I have all the high dollar psx RPG's, but didnt pay near as much for them as people may think....lol:
#9KHRZPosted 7/5/2010 4:52:40 AM
Where I live, Iphone 4 costs 2.4 times a PS3

Greedy Apple
---
SSBB FC: 4640-1011-4754 Name: KHRZ
#10whodeynotdatPosted 7/5/2010 5:18:22 AM
Others are putting random thoughts up so here's an honest answer

I have tha same concern as u. Nintendo did this with the ds and dsi. The upgrade probably won't be a bigger screen do to the fact that the 3ds allready has a large screen. It'll probably be a brighter enhanced screen. Decide if u want that. If so u must wait about a year to get a 3ds. Your 3ds will lose tons of value the second a new 3ds comes our so u either wait for a enhanced 3ds yo come or just buy the original 3ds. Don't worry about their not being games, they already have a dozen games in the works. Worst case, you play ds games for a month.