I pray this will not have Friend Codes...

#1Darth_VadervPosted 7/5/2010 1:05:10 PM
Please Nintendo.....

If you want to save children from pedophiles, just put more parental controls. That responsibility belongs to the parents....

But leave a good internet service for the rest of us.
#2PwNeRsHaTePosted 7/5/2010 1:41:24 PM
If you want to save children from pedophiles, just put more parental controls. That responsibility belongs to the parents....
Like that's ever worked

But leave a good internet service for the rest of us.
See above
#3ToastIsWooshPosted 7/5/2010 1:45:59 PM
Well, if they claim to be appealing to hardcore gamers, people who can handle themselves online, maybe friend codes will die. But who knows. I just want some official word from Ninty, about this, a release date, and a price.
---
http://i48.tinypic.com/2ztiy2w.jpg
http://i45.tinypic.com/332vyw6.jpg
#4docoyachiPosted 7/5/2010 1:50:36 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#5Sirian_HawkPosted 7/5/2010 4:07:34 PM
Well, since the 3D is not good for children under 7, there is a good chance this system will be deemed 7+ and that allows for slightly less stringent control features. We may be rid of friend codes yet...
---
"Great modem of mercy! Cover the children's eyes!" "There are no children here." "Then move your fat head. I can't see!" ~Futurama
#6SragentThomPosted 7/5/2010 4:10:33 PM
You can turn of 3D :1
#7Sirian_HawkPosted 7/5/2010 4:13:33 PM
1. Kids won't want to turn off the 3d.
2. Parents seeing a "This may be harmful... blah blah blah" will be less likely to buy it for younger kids.

Therefore Nintendo can relax the controls slightly. If the parents want to risk it, then it is their fault.
---
"Great modem of mercy! Cover the children's eyes!" "There are no children here." "Then move your fat head. I can't see!" ~Futurama
#8brandon13Posted 7/5/2010 5:47:55 PM
I still don't understand why a single universal friend code linked to an account / a single 3DS is a problem...
#9koopatroopa1015Posted 7/5/2010 5:55:13 PM
I don't want friend codes for every single game. It's too tedious punching in codes for every game for every user. A single 3DS number (sorta like the Wii #) and a username should be sufficient; that way you can have a friends list allowing you to play games against only your friends when you want.
---
Falling down isn't failure. Refusing to stand back up is.
#10No1etterPosted 7/5/2010 6:23:34 PM
I thought they were going to have a universal FC tied to the system...

At least, that's what I read around here.