Nintendo has PISSED ME OFF

#1D NycePosted 7/5/2010 3:51:00 PM
GAWD. Ever since they started comparing handheld and console gaming to each other in terms of processing power, and ever since SM64DS. All ANYBODY wants to ask for is a REMAKE of something most of us probably already played and mastered, and a DECENT amount of us still own.

Is this ALL that us gamers can ask for? Do you REALLY need to see half of gaming prior library in 3D? Is it that serious? Silly remakes so they can keep cashing in on our favorite franchises? COME ON! There's nothing wrong with remakes, but they are inevitable. We don't have to ASK/BEG for them, they will make them. It's getting SICKENING to watch the GF community go from speculation, to common beggars in less than ONE generations cycle.

Back on the Nitro/DS and Revolution/Wii boards I lurked a lot. Mainly because there was a lot of speculation, game ideas, failed trolling attempts, and community when it came to the actual system. Not a bunch of kids begging for games from the past. It was a place to have a laugh, or simply sit back, read, and wonder. Not anymore. If it's not lefties, it's righties. If it's not the stylus, it's the touchscreen. If it's not the 3D, it's the top screen res. Before I knew what a forum was when the original GB released, the system just "was". It was there, no changing it or discussing it. And we gamers, played the hell out of it with little complaint to my knowledge. I never complained about games like PKMN Red with my friends. Especially about MSGNO. Once I found out about that hack, I used it, and we all had the most epic battles ever.

GOSH why isn't there anymore speculation on game ideas, online capabilities, general banter about devs, or arguments worth arguing. I see these topics get posted occasionally, but they die because nobody gives a ****, and that's what doesn't make sense to me. I guess it's the demographic that has been attracted by the DS/DSi.

You can ignore my rant, but it still stands as valid in my mind and maybe some other board users. The integrity of this forum as GAMERS sucks.
---
Brawl-0344-9123-3537-Nyce
#2MRW1215Posted 7/5/2010 3:54:23 PM
Eh, I can kinda see where you're coming from, but honestly, if you don't want to play remakes, then just don't buy them...? For me, personally, remakes are basically hit-or-miss. I was just basically getting into gaming during the N64/PS1 gen, and I missed out on quite a lot of good games during that time. So, I don't mind N64/PS1 remakes, really, as long as they're games I haven't experienced yet.
---
http://www.last.fm/user/xparasite1215
http://backloggery.com/mrw1215
#3D Nyce(Topic Creator)Posted 7/5/2010 4:01:07 PM
COME ON! There's nothing wrong with remakes, but they are inevitable. We don't have to ASK/BEG for them, they will make them.

That's why I said this. It's impossible NOT to have remakes this day in age. But the simple fact is that while these remakes would be in development, development teams can spend their time on a sequel to the remake itself, or a brand new IP for that matter. I'd rather spend money on something I haven't played and beaten already.

Now, if it's remade in the sense of having better playability, or bonus extras, I'd buy it. BUT if they pull a SMB DX, SM64, heck even YI DS I am not for it. Make a remake with new levels, worlds or stages. If you give us more characters for a game that only had one, change the gameplay of the entire game to fit. It seems that since Nintendo started stating things like "DS is capable of near N64 level graphics" gamers HAVE to say prove it by putting one of our favorite games on their. Then, once it's proven, it's like well MAKE THIS LONG LIST OF GAMES!
---
Brawl-0344-9123-3537-Nyce
#4thecakeisalie11Posted 7/5/2010 4:07:17 PM
i have mixed views on this, i don't like how Miyamoto says he wants this or that game remade in 3D. Like the last thing i heard was he wants to see Super Mario World on the 3DS with bullet bills coming of the screen at the player. Really!? A supposed genius comes up with this? Also everytime the question comes up on what 3DS game people look most forward to, they say Zelda OoT. Now let me understand this, a new console comes out that has freakin' 3D without glasses and people look forward to playing a game that came out 12 years ago on it? WHY!?
On the other hand if Dragon Quest IV & V would've never been remade for the DS i would've never gotten into the series. So it's ok if player who never have played a game play it on a newer console and like it. But most people who will buy OoT on the 3DS have already played it on the N64, so it baffles me. I mean why don't you want to try out new things like that Kid Icarus: Uprising or Steel Diver?
#5MRW1215Posted 7/5/2010 4:11:45 PM
It's only really an issue, though, if they're remaking random games that were never that special in the first place. But thus far, they've been remaking fairly memorable, classic games. In that sense, I don't see the issue, as there are probably countless newer gamers that haven't experienced those classics (for whatever reason). Rather than force them to go hunt down old consoles/ games, or something ridiculous, this creates a very accessible way for new people to experience old classics, and for older fans to relive their favorite hits.

The only other problem I could see with it is if a system was only (or at least, mostly) getting remakes. But thus far, we've seen a number of 3DS titles, plenty of newer titles that aren't remakes of older games. So it's not like there's absolutely nothing new that'll be worthwhile to play.
---
http://www.last.fm/user/xparasite1215
http://backloggery.com/mrw1215
#6linko9Posted 7/5/2010 4:12:10 PM
Yeah, Nintendo definitely determines what games it should make by coming to GameFAQs. Good point.
---
Violator and subject to severe penalties and will be prosecutedt to the full extent of the jam
#7MetroidJunkiePosted 7/5/2010 4:13:09 PM
If we're gonna get remakes, atleast we should get remakes that haven't been on Nintendo's consoles before. Who's up for Bioshock on 3DS?
#8Sirian_HawkPosted 7/5/2010 4:17:06 PM
Those threads aren't so much about "We want remakes!" but more of "We want this specific remake!". We all know that remakes will come eventually, but Nintendo isn't going to remake EVERY game they ever made for each new system. That's why people point out specific games they liked and would like to see redone, to see if anyone else feels the same. It is just a love-in for one of their favourite games.
---
"Great modem of mercy! Cover the children's eyes!" "There are no children here." "Then move your fat head. I can't see!" ~Futurama
#9RetroResetPosted 7/5/2010 4:38:32 PM
If we're gonna get remakes, atleast we should get remakes that haven't been on Nintendo's consoles before. Who's up for Bioshock on 3DS?

That would be called a "port."
---
New Zelda + new Kirby + new Donkey Kong Country + 3DS + new Kid Icarus + everything else Nintendo announced = PURE EPIC WIN!!!
#10DavCubePosted 7/5/2010 4:43:00 PM
All ANYBODY wants to ask for is a REMAKE of something most of us probably already played and mastered, and a DECENT amount of us still own.

News flash: some people still don't. Especially for rare or expensive games even for used copies.

Also, where is this sentiment coming from? I don't see that. I'm personally more annoyed at people expecting sequel after sequel of a popular franchise as though developers can just pop them out at the drop of a hat nowadays. Sorry, that doesn't happen.
---
http://backloggery.com/davcube