3g network for 3ds?!

#11MetroidJunkiePosted 7/7/2010 11:47:26 AM
Er, bag. Not bad.
#12xnamkcorPosted 7/7/2010 11:50:12 AM
"And men can carry purses"

You keep thinking that. In any case, it depends on who's footing the bill. With WiFi it's use your home connection or whoever offers it for free(Starbucks, McDonald's, etc).

With 3G, you will have to pay no matter where you are. There are no free 3G services.

In any case, it will probably still have WiFi anyway and the 3G will be something nobody uses anyway.
#13GuniversePosted 7/7/2010 11:51:39 AM
A charger isn't bulky, just stuff it in your pocket. Like me! :D
---
PSN: BloodRavenZero
If I was a color, I'd be Lime Green :D
#14pocchama1996Posted 7/7/2010 11:53:22 AM
doesnt kindle have free 3g
---
fullmetalyanal
"fullmetalyanl with a Y fullmetalYanal idiot."
#15poompaPosted 7/7/2010 11:59:01 AM
It does, as does the ipad (though it costs more to have 3g enabled ipad, but no subscription costs)
#16MetroidJunkiePosted 7/7/2010 12:02:18 PM
The iPad has a monthly cost, it just isn't contract required. If the 3DS does get 3G, it had better not be AT&T. I wouldn't be too thrilled about Verizon, either.
#17D NycePosted 7/7/2010 12:03:57 PM
Wow I created a speculation topic during E3 about the 3DS using a 3G network.

Now, for one if you don't want to play online, or have wireless enabled and draining your batteries, you can simply turn it off until you decide to use it.

Second point is that the 3DS can handle it's wireless functionality the same way iPhones and some smart phones do. When away from an access point, the system will connect to the network via 3G. When in the presence of a wifi hotspot, it can give you the option to switch wireless via wifi.

The benefit from this set up? Well, with 3G enabled on the go, you can be connected to Nintendo's network at any given time, and have the ability to play online multiplayer or download apps anyway within range of a 3G enabled tower. Wifi will allow higher speeds of bandwidth, creating a more seamless online experience.

All in all, if they include 3G they probably will have to charge for some type of subscription. But fear not children, they want people to play online multiplayer for free. So they would probably give gamers the option to pay for the 3G network, or use their own wifi connection for free.

I just wish they would hold out a couple of years and opt for 4G instead. Or make it compatible with both. Other than that, a 3G network would actually greatly benefit their emphasis on tag mode as well.
---
Brawl-0344-9123-3537-Nyce
#18cutebrutePosted 7/7/2010 5:37:59 PM
Mark my words, this will be part of a future iteration of a 3DS or PSP/PSP2, but not on the launch systems.
#19Ultima_Buster44Posted 7/7/2010 5:44:32 PM

Mark my words, this will be part of a future iteration of a 3DS or PSP/PSP2, but not on the launch systems.

The 3GS?
---
Not only does it suck, but it sucks for 2 AND A HALF HOURS. ~ Choco_hose on The Mist.
#20Megaman OmegaPosted 7/8/2010 6:32:53 AM

I hope it's already there from the start on, we need some good online now.
---
Official Vaporeon of the B/W Boards
Proud member of M.U.K.