I think that theres going to be a handheld virtual console for 3DS

#1Kraytdragon444Posted 7/7/2010 9:10:26 PM
Could you imagine Gameboy, Gameboy color, and Gameboy Advance games on demand? :)

I for one, would really love to play Pokemon Trading Card Game once more.

Its not unreasonable to think it might happen. And I wouldnt mind shelling out $5-10 to replay some of my old favorites.
---
Hah, this is so hilarious.... I'm going to quote myself on this -Kraytdragon444
#2ToastIsWooshPosted 7/7/2010 9:13:51 PM
I think maybe they would too. And I also think the only reason it wasn't on DSi is because they were planning to have it in the 3DS in the first place. Well, I'd like to think that, but it still seems a little far fetched to me. :/
---
http://i48.tinypic.com/2ztiy2w.jpg
http://i45.tinypic.com/332vyw6.jpg
#3eevee12Posted 7/7/2010 11:28:03 PM
Gameboy advance may be a bit above the 3DS' capabilities (correct me if I'm wrong), but the others would be a brilliant addition to the system.
#4DiggerdudePosted 7/7/2010 11:36:15 PM
evee - the PSP can emulate the GBA _perfectly_, full speed, full sound, savestates etc. It's fantastic.

So yeah, the 3DS would have no problem.

---
>---Diggerdude---<
Loves handhelds: owns PSP, NDSL & many others.
#5Blanka_JrPosted 7/7/2010 11:52:41 PM
^When you say "perfectly", just how "perfectly" do you mean? Because when it comes to emulators, particularly on consoles or handhelds, people that say that actually mean "well my favorite games runs good...but this, this, and this doesn't and oh yeah...it's full speed but i mean with a frameskip of 4...but yeah, otherwise, it's perfect". I'm not trying to be argumentative so much as I'm actually curious since I could use a reason to pull out the old PSP-2000 again.
---
XBAND SNES/Genesis: r9delta
"no" - Ralph Pootawn
#6DiggerdudePosted 7/7/2010 11:56:31 PM
I mean about 90 - 95% of GBA games run perfectly. Full speed, zero frame skip, full sound, perfect controls.

---
>---Diggerdude---<
#7Blanka_JrPosted 7/7/2010 11:59:40 PM
Good to know, thanks
---
XBAND SNES/Genesis: r9delta
"no" - Ralph Pootawn
#8DiggerdudePosted 7/8/2010 12:04:15 AM
I will warn you that Camelot's games run poorly. According to the emu's dev, this is because of some very poor coding techniques by Camelot. So Golden Sun 1 & 2, for example, need to skip frames during some parts of the game (map screens, oddly enough).

But seriously, the other 90-95% run smooth as butter.

---
>---Diggerdude---<